GDT: WCQF | GM5 | Vegas Golden Knights at Dallas Stars | 6:30PM CT | ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Deep thoughts time

I was really pondering how if Dallas (or Houston when they eventually get a team) ever got a generational talent (not just star and supertar level), hockey would explode even more in Texas. It's a shame that the generational talents have gone to Edmonton 2x, Pittsburgh 2x and Washington and Toronto. Some might debate the generational term so loosely used, but I'd put: Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid and Matthews all in that category. It remains to be seen how close Bedard gets to that. Makar is probably nearly there for a defenseman. Anyway, point being, if Dallas had a super exciting offensive talent it'd be bonkers there; as it is the popularity is strong.

Thought 2: when it's not my favorite team playing I have a hard time seeing home fans watch their team lose. It's always a little funner to see the crowd go wild in a good way. But alas, Vegas has my heart so am still pulling for them to come out of this series. But I'm sure the home fans deserve better.

Reactions: Summer Rose

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Deep thoughts time

I was really pondering how if Dallas (or Houston when they eventually get a team) ever got a generational talent (not just star and supertar level), hockey would explode even more in Texas. It's a shame that the generational talents have gone to Edmonton 2x, Pittsburgh 2x and Washington and Toronto. Some might debate the generational term so loosely used, but I'd put: Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, Ovechkin, McDavid and Matthews all in that category. It remains to be seen how close Bedard gets to that. Makar is probably nearly there for a defenseman. Anyway, point being, if Dallas had a super exciting offensive talent it'd be bonkers there; as it is the popularity is strong.
lolno

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Dallas has to win tonight if you ask me. They were good in these spots in the regular season and always made it 3 wins in a row after dropping a couple. If Vegas turns the tables here it puts the Stars in an uncomfortable position.

And I think they should. Although, the Stars amazingly haven't beaten Vegas in regulation in their own barn for 10 straight games and they've lost the last 5. You never know how much those things come to play.

But yeah, I'm kinda picturing a close win tonight, Vegas avoiding elimination at home and then a dramatic game 7.

It’s a must win game for both, winner of this takes the series

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Who's calling this series for ESPN? More specifically, who is the colour commentator that seems to have a stroke every time they try and say Dellandrea?

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Crazy as it seems, I’d prefer an 8:50 start to a 6:30. DFW is so humongous big and traffic is no bueno. Very Tough for people to make it there on time (as you’re about to see)

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
I hope Dallas doesn't become complacent tying the series up otherwise they'll fall behind again. They want to take this game so they have their foot on Las Vegas' throat, for the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad