Post-Game Talk: WCQF [GM3] Canucks defeat Predators | 2-1 (Miller & Boeser) | In DeSmith We Trust

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
SOGs are sometimes such an overrated stat.... high danger chances in the 3rd period were 1-0 for Nashville. That's a great defensive period by the Canucks and they're comfortable (prefer?) playing tight games where they have the lead

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

What a weird series

SOGs are sometimes such an overrated stat.... high danger chances in the 3rd period were 1-0 for Nashville. That's a great defensive period by the Canucks
Well, there was the goal and then ROR's shot off of Cole's noggin. So that is 2 at least? Seems there were a few more. That said, except for the 5 on 3 I didn't really get the sense that the Canucks were in trouble at any point.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
What a weird series

Well, there was the goal and then ROR's shot off of Cole's noggin. So that is 2 at least? Seems there were a few more. That said, except for the 5 on 3 I didn't really get the sense that the Canucks were in trouble at any point.

I think because that shot deflected off Cole it technically doesn't count as a SOG but yeah I know what you mean - never really felt like the Canucks were in trouble

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Wins a win so we take it and move on. Certainly not an oil painting that's for sure.

Boeser was our best player tonight. Miller our best at producing any kind of offense.

Loved the Zadorov hit on Josi and thank F they just gave Joshua 2 minutes for what was even a soft 2 min call.

Great battle from DeSmith and our defense.

Still think we have more to give we looked sluggish far too often.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
SOGs are sometimes such an overrated stat.... high danger chances in the 3rd period were 1-0 for Nashville. That's a great defensive period by the Canucks and they're comfortable (prefer?) playing tight games where they have the lead

You hope they can come out and play way better in Game 4 though. This Preds team is not very good.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
They were 6-0 in the third but 5 on 5 they were 1-0. They play like that against any other team in the Western Conference playoffs they get blown out going away. Playing 0-0-5 will not get them very fair when other teams have more depth or game breakers.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
They were 6-0 in the third but 5 on 5 they were 1-0. They play like that against any other team in the Western Conference playoffs they get blown out going away. Playing 0-0-5 will not get them very fair when other teams have more depth or game breakers.
They are really parking the bus with DeSmith in net. I would say they play very different with Demko, though they didn't get a ton of shots in Game 1 either.

I don't think we stand much of a chance in a series with any other team without Demko though in any event.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
This series is pretty funny; the Canucks have the second-highest xGF% in the playoffs so far. Only Dallas is better. The Canucks also gave up the 3rd fewest High Danger shot attempts, only behind Dallas (2GP) and Washington. The totals are HDCF 26 and HDCA 19.

Meanwhile, the Canucks are 14th in the playoffs for shots for%.
For this game, Nashville only created 1.46 xG.
(All Stats 5on5)

It goes to show that the Canucks are just a flat-out better team than the Predators. Even with a dud tonight, Nashville still isn't getting many chances or opportunities.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Well that was nerve wrecking

Good guys won in the end.

Lindholm was awesome. So good to see him perform.

Hronek is the opposite of the steady guy we need to have next to Hughes long term...

Boeser has been our best forward in the playoffs so far. Healthy and in shape he looks like the first line 2 way winger Ive always thought he could be.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad