GDT: WCQF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Fri. May 3rd | 4pm PST | SNP/CBC | On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
WIN DA TECOND!
tecond.jpg

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I think people have to remember that this is all part of the learning curve.

At the beginning of the year we would have been thrilled to get a wildcard spot and take a good team to 6 or 7 games.

Now, I'm not saying that we shouldn't adjust our expectations and want more, but remember that each phase of this season is a learning process for this team.

Petey mentioned that it's an adjustment playing in front of a playoff crowd. I think part of what happens is an adrenaline dump where you try too hard in the wrong direction, and then your legs get heavy.

I'm trying to remind myself that a lot of people express their hope and anxiety through fear and negativity. But it's pretty exhausting reading comment after comment of people just shitting all over the team.

Making absurd comments about Petey being a 'prima-donna' and saying we need to dump him. Or that Tocchet is a bad coach (lol) is just wild.

Like, I'm nervous too, but if you're not having fun, or find it boring, or hate our team given what's going on then perhaps you should become a fan of a different sport. Or just become a true bandwagon fan who cheers for whatever team is doing well that day.

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
My feeling is Petey just needs one, and to get that he needs to play with Miller and Boeser imo. Go back to the “balanced” lines after he scores. He throws them together 2-3 times in a period and you can literally see Pettersson’s excitement. He’s got to get him going, not reply on him to carry a line with average wingers - he can’t and I don’t think he ever has (I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong about that).

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
The strategy should be ‘what would we do if we didn’t have Quinn Hughes’ because this strategy of ‘everything has to be done by Quinn Hughes’ is not working.

I understand leaning on your best player but this is pushing that narrative

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Honestly this is the third game where we are taking so few shots, this Tochett system is getting exposed. With the offensive talent we have we shouldn’t even be matching with Nashville.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
The strategy should be ‘what would we do if we didn’t have Quinn Hughes’ because this strategy of ‘y has to be done by Quinn Hughes’ is not working.

I understand leaning on your best player but this is pushing that narrative
Yep, think Owen Power would do wonders tbh

• Haha
Reactions: Flik

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Post within the rules for the 2nd period please

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The 'inconvenient truth' is that since the all-star break, the Preds have been a far better team than the Canucks.....I guess we're now seeing why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad