GDT: WCQF GM06 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Fri. May 3rd | 4pm PST | SNP/CBC | On the Road Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I'm not blaming the loss on him at all, I thought he was excellent in both Games 4 and 5. I just suspect we will go to DeSmith.
With the injury history this post season, I would ride Silovs until he shows signs of breaking. Nashville with the lower level of offence is a good confidence booster for when the teams might be up against Edmonton

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I didn't want a series with Nashville just because of the travel. If you can win it in 4-5 games, okay, but that was a hope and a dream.

The Preds should have been devastated by what happened in game 4, but they regrouped. This is going to be tough.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
No doubt about it, the Preds have to feel confident taking this to Game 7 heading into their barn after the way they've played the last two games, and the Canucks notable inconsistency and inability to score consistently over the series. Preds can easily say to themselves they should be up 3-2 in the series on the verge of moving onto the second round after the last two games.

It would be nice to actually see a vintage good game from this team like we've seen in the past, but I've seen no indication over the past 40-ish games we're going to get one.

The Preds game plan looks like it's working a heck of a lot better than the Canucks game plan.

Reactions: BenningHurtsMySoul

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
No doubt about it, the Preds have to feel confident taking this to Game 7 heading into their barn after the way they've played the last two games, and the Canucks notable inconsistency and inability to score consistently over the series. Preds can easily say to themselves they should be up 3-2 in the series on the verge of moving onto the second round after the last two games.

It would be nice to actually see a vintage good game from this team like we've seen in the past, but I've seen no indication over the past 40-ish games we're going to get one.

The Preds game plan looks like it's working a heck of a lot better than the Canucks game plan.

They did what now?

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
They did what now?

Maybe that was worded in a confusing way, the Preds have to feel confident they'll get a Game 7. In fact, the market feels the same way, the Preds are favoured on the money line heading into Game 6.

Reactions: Vector

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Brunette is coaching circles around Tocchet.

The game plan from the start has always been a defence-first approach and taking advantage on the counterattack.

Above all else, if you take out Quinn Hughes, the rest of the team does not perform at the same level. There's a reason two guys have been sandwiching him into the glass on every forecheck.

Nevermind the goaltending situation. But it took 5 games for Tocchet to figure out that Hughes needs Zadorov/Myers on his line to stop the bullshit.

Reactions: David71 and Indiana

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Preds are battling the flu? Sounds like a great opportunity to take advantage tomorrow.

aregora

Jan 6, 2018

Preds get the flu.
They get some Gravol.
Why didn't Allvin think of that?!?

0118726_00058738326114_0_510.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad