GDT: WCQF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 30th | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Hey, hey, I wanna be a Brock Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
and cut off their head. I hate bringing it up, but Andrew Brunette was a member of the 02/03 Minnesota Wild team that came back from a 1-3 series deficit against us. I was at game 5 of that series and I'll be doing my part by staying TF home. As banged up as we seem to be, we absolutely do not want any part of a game 6 in Nashville, which would be a bloodbath.

I'm just glad we don't have an idiot who would skate by their bench and tell them to start polishing their golf clubs

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Well, it was obvious Game 4 was their worst game of the series. They were dominated and allowed the Preds to dictate the flow of the game.

They can't allow that to happen again. They can't allow NSH to push their rush-based game. Gotta get back to making it a sloggy, dump-in/dump-out, and forechecky game. I literally thought to myself "oh no" when I saw Cole getting that rush chance, because I knew the next chance was going to be a rush the other way. Then it's behind Silovs.

Don't trade rush chances with NSH. Make it slow, Create chances like the Lindholm goal. Then they'll close it out.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
I'm just glad we don't have an idiot who would skate by their bench and tell them to start polishing their golf clubs
Didn't miller say in a interview with kate after the game it was 8 hours in regards to how big g4 w was? Acting like they already won the series

Not good

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
In the cold light of 'the day after's Sunday's miracle', you'd have to concede that the Canucks have been the second best team on the ice during both games in Nashville.

In fact the Preds have probably spent more time with the lead in these four games, than the Canucks. But I suppose the positive is, that they still own a 3-1 series advantage, despite not playing their best hockey--which hopefully comes Tuesday night.

Closing out a series is always the toughest game......so if they're aren't better, the series is likely heading back to Nashville.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I mean, Cloutier shit the bed. lol
There was an ex Canuck (BMO?) who was on the Team1040 years ago along with article from Drance/Russo on the Athletic that gave some insight into what the hell happened.

Basically summed up that the Canucks simply didn't respect or take their team seriously. It was mission accomplished after going up 3-1. They barely practiced prior to Game 5 and were already looking ahead to the WCF. Burke made some rather stupid comments about their team being a "cult." Vancouver fans were acting like assholes towards the Wild team. Players such as Cooke, May, and Bertuzzi were constantly taunting the Wild bench. Bertuzzi told their fans not to buy tickets for Game 6.

Fortunately I don't see nonsense like this playing out on the ice this time. You get the sense this team really respects their opponents, even as they are up 3-1.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The days of disrespecting the lower playoff seeds are long gone in today's NHL. Once the teams have been whittled down to the top-eight in each conference, is there really any such thing as a true 'upset' any more?

Anybody can beat anybody--and it's not just some tired cliche. So if you talk trash about your opponent in any playoff series, it's more than just 'bulletin board material'. It can come back to bite you big time.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
That's not what he meant at all. Kate asked him how big game 5 is and he said "8.5 hours of travel". Which is extremely true.

Here's the exact quote:

Miller was then asked what the incredible turn of events in the third period meant for Vancouver.

“It’s eight and a half hours of flying time,” was Miller’s immediate and business-like response. “Seriously. It’s a big game and a huge win.”

Reactions: Indiana

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
There was an ex Canuck (BMO?) who was on the Team1040 years ago along with article from Drance/Russo on the Athletic that gave some insight into what the hell happened.

Basically summed up that the Canucks simply didn't respect or take their team seriously. It was mission accomplished after going up 3-1. They barely practiced prior to Game 5 and were already looking ahead to the WCF. Burke made some rather stupid comments about their team being a "cult." Vancouver fans were acting like assholes towards the Wild team. Players such as Cooke, May, and Bertuzzi were constantly taunting the Wild bench. Bertuzzi told their fans not to buy tickets for Game 6.

Fortunately I don't see nonsense like this playing out on the ice this time. You get the sense this team really respects their opponents, even as they are up 3-1.

That WCE team always seemed to think they were the 80s Oilers when in fact they were not that good.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
View attachment 861789

This is genuinely one of the greatest photos in Canucks history. I want a high def poster.
20240428_173707.jpg

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That's not what he meant at all. Kate asked him how big game 5 is and he said "8.5 hours of travel". Which is extremely true.
They now have the chance to not travel back to Nash. Lose game 4 and you're for sure returning to Nash.

Up to them to deliver their best game of the series and close this out.

All teams with a 3-1 lead heading home want to close it out. Car, Fla, Edm, Van, Bos. Only Win heading home down 3-1. And see where Dal is tonight.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
They now have the chance to not travel back to Nash. Lose game 4 and you're for sure returning to Nash.

Up to them to deliver their best game of the series and close this out.

All teams with a 3-1 lead heading home want to close it out. Car, Fla, Edm, Van, Bos. Only Win heading home down 3-1. And see where Dal is tonight.
I want Dallas to push it to seven.

I want LA to push it to seven.

I want Winnipeg to push it to seven.

I want the Canucks to end it tomorrow night.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Didn't miller say in a interview with kate after the game it was 8 hours in regards to how big g4 w was? Acting like they already won the series

Not good
You know, not every word that comes from the Canucks organization has malicious intent. You can in fact look at the optimistic viewpoint of a scenario and more often than not that is the answer you are looking for, not the former.

Reactions: Indiana and bh53

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Brian Burke will still go down saying Cloutier was the best option for this team at that time.
"Plan B goalie - Archie [Irbe]"
"Goalies graveyard"
"Goalie of the future [Weekes"]

Sure Burke got a Stanley Cup as a GM (for the Ducks). And his managerial moves were a large part of that victory. But he inherited that rock solid goalie from the previous regime. Burke could never get a goalie in his entire career I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan