GDT: WCQF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 30th | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Hey, hey, I wanna be a Brock Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not many series look like they will go much further than 5 unless Dallas pulls it out in LV and Jets at least don’t go out at home. Could then push up the start of round 2.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
that series had no business going 7
unfortunately the Blackhawks were the NHLs darling and the refs did their best to get them the W

It was rumored the team had a rather serious flu between Game 4 and 6 and guys were hooked up on IV. I think that's why Cory Schnieder cramped up in Game 6.

Would make sense because Samuelsson was out with the flu for Game 1 and 2 but played Game 3. Then the rest of the team played like total ass for Game 4 and 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuck Bonino

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Back in 2011 I was as excited as anyone about taking out the Blackhawks. But on reflection, letting them back into the series may have been one of the main contributing factors to eventually losing the Cup. You have to close when you can, because each game piles up the fatigue and the injuries, and the Canucks were the walking wounded by the finals.

Worryingly they are already the walking wounded just 4 games in this year.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

Anyone who has watched him prior to this season can tell
He’s battling it through unlike some “stars” in a certain big market, yet his own fans want him healthy scratched

This post is hysterical; he's obviously hurt but his fans don't want him "healthy scratched". If he's not healthy scratch him until he is.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

He’s battling it through unlike some “stars” in a certain big market, yet his own fans want him healthy scratched

It's rather confusing they acknowledged Boeser and Hronek are dealing with stuff, left them in Vancouver for the final game against the Jets, and now it comes out both Hughes and Pettersson have something and they both played in Winnipeg to end the year and were not given extra time off heading into the playoffs. Questionable if true, Boeser obviously has benefitted from some extra time off.

Reactions: Indiana

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
This post is hysterical; he's obviously hurt but his fans don't want him "healthy scratched". If he's not healthy scratch him until he is.
If it's a chronic injury that requires surgery, and surgery+recovery will put him out for 6+ weeks, then he might prefer to play until they are knocked out because they still have a better chance with him in the lineup than out.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
If it's a chronic injury that requires surgery, and surgery+recovery will put him out for 6+ weeks, then he might prefer to play until they are knocked out because they still have a better chance with him in the lineup than out.
Disagree. I'd rather a healthy, hungry guy like, say, Bains than an injured, zombielike Petey. Move Blueger up a line.

HelloCookie

Nov 23, 2016
Finland
Wednesday is a national day off, great time to cheer for the canucks in the middle of the night!

In addition to that, and I don't want to tell anyone what to do or how to follow sports, but still wish to rephrase that it's been so long since actual playoffs for the canucks. I hope people in Vancouver cheer on the guys now that it matters the most, and leave the hopefully healthy criticism for when the season is done. It makes a world of difference! Let's gooo!

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA

Aight, that would explain a lot. That f***ing sucks, but it does make sense.

Damnit.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011

Of course.

I think he has a chronic wrist issue which will eventually need surgery. His shot simply hasn't been the same since pre-2020. It was better last year but went to hell by January this year. He heavily tapes his hands and wrist and outright refuses to shoot. There's been a notable decrease in his ability to stickhandle or stick check and he looks overly weak on the boards.

I also think he has a groin/hip injury now which is really impacting his ability to pivot and move laterally.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I still have a huge grin/wide smile after yesterday's comeback win.

1714419127949.png

Looking good :nod:

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
It's rather confusing they acknowledged Boeser and Hronek are dealing with stuff, left them in Vancouver for the final game against the Jets, and now it comes out both Hughes and Pettersson have something and they both played in Winnipeg to end the year and were not given extra time off heading into the playoffs. Questionable if true, Boeser obviously has benefitted from some extra time off.
not enough spots because cap. the guys who sat are probably WAY more injured than Hughes and Petey.

Reactions: bh53 and ziploc

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
The Canucks need to game plan around Hughes better so that pucks can be retrieved and moved without him having to be levelled on every Nashville dump in. He's got to be given outlet choices to avoid getting crunched and to sidestep forecheckers.

Also did Hronek get benched at the end of Game 4? I didn't see him much.

Reactions: Indiana and ziploc

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Silvos is a good goalie, a goalie of the future and the future is now.

The Canucks may have found the Achilles heel of the Preds, get three guys down in front of Saros.
They had Zadorov in front of Saros like he was on the Preds, he planted himself in front.
On two goals the team had players below the defenders and right on top of the blue paint, it might be taking a chance but it worked.

Home ice aught to keep the Preds big line off the Hughes/Hronek pairing. I saw Foote switched up that pairing adding Zadorov to Hughes

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Absolutely vital that we finish this series tomorrow night, to shut down all that extra travel, and allow some healing of injuries. I understand why we haven't pushed on offense, in order to protect our goalies, but I hope we go guns blazing for this game, and win it 6-5.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
i was told he was a "p***y" and should be healthy scratched.
Elias Pettersson has aged 20 years in 4 years. What the f*** have we done?
elias-pettersson-2019-39.jpg

elias-pettersson-2024-39.jpg

Also our game has been pushed back to 8pm PST.

f***ing NHL.

edit: Nevermind.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad