GDT: WCQF GM05 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators | Tue. Apr 30th | 7:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Hey, hey, I wanna be a Brock Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I maintain the opinion that this series is likely to go to game 6 and even game 7.

Our goalie situation has become a giant wrench being tossed into the marching orca machine. Silov had a great game, but I'm just not convinced that either he or CDS will take us far. Like I said, the team is just not playing the same without Demko, and Predators are becoming more and more suffocating with each passing game.

Only easy game is last game.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

two game 5s that cost us dearly. 2003 that was a decent shot at the finals, 2011 might have very well have been the cup.

both times it taking our eyes off the ball and a couple goals taking the game away from us. brunette in 2003, joel ward in 2011. imo the task here isn’t to come out flying, though we should, but bearing down for a full 60 with our any of the lulls that this team has been prone to.

that said, if we jump out to a big lead i want to see hughes and petey, and probably also boes, on the bench and a steady diet of

pdg miller bluegers
josh lindholm garland
mik suter laff

soucy myers
zad cole

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
School is in session for this core. We all know the cliche "4th win is the hardest."

Really interested in seeing how this group deals with the pressure of an elimination game, especially at home. Like to believe that they will funnel the home crowd energy and show a ruthless efficiency on the ice. But the team could also mentally be hanging "mission accomplished" banners and wanting to close the series at home could result in nerves and trying to do too much.

This is a game where the experience of our coaching staff is invaluable. It's also going to tell us a lot about the mental makeup of this core.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
That Game 5 vs Chicago in 2011 was a killer. Prevented the team from resting and eventually it caught up to them.

oh shit yes that one too

i’d psychologically repressed that one

edit: although now that i’m thinking about it, the real missed opportunity was dame four right? i wonder how the 2010s would have gone—leaguewide—if we’d completed that sweep. do we still get two more chicago cups or do they make different decisions with that core?

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
School is in session for this core. We all know the cliche "4th win is the hardest."

Really interested in seeing how this group deals with the pressure of an elimination game, especially at home. Like to believe that they will funnel the home crowd energy and show a ruthless efficiency on the ice. But the team could also mentally be hanging "mission accomplished" banners and wanting to close the series at home could result in nerves and trying to do too much.

This is a game where the experience of our coaching staff is invaluable. It's also going to tell us a lot about the mental makeup of this core.

Yeah, there's truly not room for anything but hard ass hockey, until Lord Stanley is in the air.

1-0, ok we can't lose else the series is even.

2-0, no we need to win because if we lose it will turn a strangle hold into life for them.

3-0, we definitely need to win because we can't allow ourselves to join the embarrassing rank of teams who blew a 3-0 series lead.

The moment you think you gained the upper hand, is the start of your team's demise.

Reactions: alternate

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley

WHEN: April 30th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: CBC/Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Series
Canucks Lead 3-1

Canucks Line-Up:
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Höglander-EP40-Mikheyev
Di Giuseppe-Blueger-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

TBD

Predators Line-Up:

TBD

Saros

Pre & Post-Game Coverage
Video
The Province
https://www.youtube.com/@TheProvince/videos

Sekeres & Price
https://www.youtube.com/@SekeresPrice/videos

Canucks Army
https://www.youtube.com/@Canucks_Army/videos

Rinkwide Vancouver
https://www.youtube.com/@rinkwidevancouver/videos

Donnie & Dhali (/w John Garrett)
https://www.youtube.com/@donnieanddhali/videos

Sportsnet 650
Halford & Brough
Drance
Satiar & Dan

digging the new avatar... rock on.

olafsson

Jun 18, 2017
IMG_0004.png

Time to end this

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
I don't want to look ahead but there's no way we beat the Oilers with EP playing at his best. I would either put him between Garland/Joshua, or do something totally crazy like moving Podz up to play with him and Hogz.

Reactions: Indiana

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Can't wait for the Silovs hype video to drop.
You mean Tolopilo. Silovs is clearly playing hurt and won't be in net next game. :sarcasm:

My hope is that we go up 3-0 or 4-0 and they bench Pettersson/Hughes. The last thing we need is one of their goons to get pissed off and take one final run at them on their way out the door.
You mean bench Miller/Hughes. Pettersson can be goon bait for how well he's playing right now.

Reactions: sting101

Nuck Bonino

May 10, 2011
That Game 5 vs Chicago in 2011 was a killer. Prevented the team from resting and eventually it caught up to them. Also nearly ruined Luongo's confidence entirely.
that series had no business going 7
unfortunately the Blackhawks were the NHLs darling and the refs did their best to get them the W

Reactions: Indiana

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Just bury them in Game 5.

Edmonton seems poised to bounce the Kings in 5 so going to need as much rest as possible.

Jets potentially done in 5 as well unless they get their act together immediately.

Vegas/Dallas might be the only WC QF to going beyond 5 games but there's still a chance it could be over quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs USA
    France vs USA