GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Better than drawing Vegas in round one since I don’t have to hear “bUt ThE KniGhts” all summer. You lost to the stinking Predators bro.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I see Allvin and Rutherford are in the house.....I hope they're taking lots of notes. This team has always been 'down' on overall team speed, and it's really coming home to bite so far in this series.

The bottom six needs another remake in the off-season.
our 4th line has been our bet line

It's sad, but our top players are not playing like stars

Reactions: geebaan and SiZ

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Most of the lines aren't really working. Just Miler's line really
Fourth line has been good.

I'm starting to get Willie vibes, albeit in a different way. Tocchet has his plan and he will stick to it no matter what.
I don’t know what’s changed. In the regular season, five bad minutes and he’d change every line.

Why he’s being stubborn with this setup is beyond me

Reactions: cc and geebaan

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I keep hearing this. What has he done exactly that has out coached him?
Mostly they are forcing us to make long passes through the neutral zone and forcing us to dump it.
Actually I am guessing it’s not even forcing us to dump it, we just dump it almost every time

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I was thinking…if we could just outwork them and get them to take a penalty we might be able to get back into this…but then i remembered that our PP is neutered. I guess we just try to get out of this game without getting anymore injuries.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i am not sure what is going on. they have stopped executing completely. the crowd feels it. something has happened.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Everyone here on this board before the playoffs: we should probably trade for a top 6 scorer and not run with Suter/Mikheyev in the top 6

When the playoffs start and we can’t score a single goal:
surprisedpikachuface.jpg

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Made adjustments. Eliminated the Canucks ability to move the puck up the ice.
Meanwhile Tocchet is running the same schemes and same player combos.
What adjustments are those? I agree that Tocchet isn't switching lines up but what exactly has the other coach done. Sounds like an excuse for just sucking. We suck this game.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's not the bottom 6
Then what is it?......I know people are wringing their hands about Pettersson, but they're getting nothing out of Blueger, Mikeyev, Lafferty, Di Guiseppe, Suter and even Hoglander.

I don't care how well they defend, you can't go anywhere when the offense from the bottom of the roster is completely AWOL.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Gotta come off it, yall are just not correct. It doesn't matter if he extends his foot or its kick like motion.
If he doesn't knee hinge, forward kick toe punt the puck in its a good goal.

All sideways, backways, stops, turns ,skate deflections are perfectly legal.

Where in the rules does it say anything about knee hinge? It’s “distinct kicking motion” and from the replay he propelled it forward by moving his foot in that direction. You can see it in the second replay on this.

Why would his back leg move forward if he wasn’t propelling the puck with his foot. Ie. a kicking motion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad