GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat

Oct 12, 2005

Hughes and Hronek the low men in ice time. And it’s deserved.

Hughes missed a couple shifts when he got winded by being sandwiched between two Preds...so not really an apt comparison

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
It’s one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever seen from one of our top players. He literally refuses to shoot. He has a world class shot, has one of, if not, the hardest shot in the league, and he refuses to f***ing shoot.

It doesn’t help he’s playing with a trash can that is Mikheyev but Pettersson has been worse.

He’s performed in the playoffs before. Whatever the f*** happened after February 4th, he needs to figure it out. Like you can’t be that mentally fragile that you can’t even gather yourself to AT LEAST make a damn effort. That pathetic backcheck was utterly embarrassing.
The fact he won’t shoot, just continues to make me feel we don’t have all the information, he clearly has some problem with the wrist.

That’s what I’m sticking by and I don’t care what people say :(

Reactions: Nomobo

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Can't recall a pair of games--home or way this season, where the Canucks have looked so slow. Is it the ice or something?

The blueline looks particularly ponderous. They're giving up the blueline easily, letting the Preds gain the zone and then turn, while they just back in on Silovs.

Never did a team need a between period intermission more than this group right now.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Henrik was also 30. Settle down.

The Canucks have not been a serious playoff team with a serious playoff culture until this season.

Serious playoffs team are serious in the weight room.

Whatever happens, both Quinn and Petey are gonna learn and adapt.

I wasn't the one starting the comparison. Regardless, criticizing Pettersson for what has been a very disappointing second half and playoffs so far doesn't mean I think he's the worst ever.

It's starting to feel like there's two forced sides here. Those saying Pettersson is completely dogshit and should be traded and those leaping to defend him. There's middle ground where people can just think he's been bad. That's it. Nothing else to it.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
The problem is that this started with Pettersson at the point of the 'shocking reset' and ended the instant that the GM/coach were fired, so it also tracks that he was just pouting because he didn't like the crappy direction the team was taking.

My understanding of depression is that it isn't so simply tied to life events/career struggles and can't be flicked like a switche and that things track more along the lines of Stephane Richer nearly committing suicide the day after winning the Stanley Cup.

If Pettersson is legitimately mentally ill right now he should be in treatment. And I'm sure he would be. The fact he isn't means that he's probably not.

Being depressed is different for everyone. Some people can ride it out some people cannot.
Also it wasn’t like Petey just snapped out of it last time, he slowly progressed and took like a month before he was consistent again. And yeah I remember you were harping on that last time and would say he doesn’t go to the net and then suddenly you see him slowly do it.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Was going to post the same thing. I walked into the living room and just stared in awe at the madness of a woman drinking blood-soaked beer out of a dead catfish. My god...
If you think this is weird, you'd be horrified at hunting rituals where people drink deer blood after their first kill.

Southerners are another breed.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Yeah with the degree of medical staff on a professional sports team... if Pettersson was struggling mentally it wouldn't be ignored or missed.

Dude just needs to wake the f*** up. He's scared of getting hit. Need to realize that if he wants to be consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad