GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I've wondered before if it's bipolar/mental illness. But I'm not going to assume that, and the fact that he was able to basically just flick a switch when Benning/Green got fired wouldn't indicate that that was the case.
Yeah that’s what happens when depression goes away, you don’t just wake up like jeez I am no longer depressed. If you see anyone spacing out looking like the soul is not there, that’s not giving up, there is something wrong.
Been there done that, it f***ing sucks. I

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Were not down and out just yet. If the stellar play of Silovs doesn't get this team going then nothing will.

Allvin royally f***ed up at the trade deadline.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
For example, they are playing well in the neutral zone on defence. On breakouts, they could drop one or both wingers below their own blueline to help clean the exit. They might trap some of the forecheckers behind the play. Then they might have speed going in which would actually create rush offence, of which they have none. That might help Petey and the whole line, which is basically getting stuck on the boards when the play is in the o-zone.

This is a learning experience for the whole team including the coaches.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Henrik had more points in a single game against Nashville than Pettersson's has in three.

The Sedins weren't bad against the Prefs. They just weren't as dynamic. Pettersson has been anemic offensively for two months now.
Henrik was also 30. Settle down.

The Canucks have not been a serious playoff team with a serious playoff culture until this season.

Serious playoffs team are serious in the weight room.

Whatever happens, both Quinn and Petey are gonna learn and adapt.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
He has no jam only peanut butter
1000009686.jpg

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
I've wondered before if it's bipolar/mental illness. But I'm not going to assume that, and the fact that he was able to basically just flick a switch when Benning/Green got fired wouldn't indicate that that was the case.
Why is it so difficult to understand? He’s heartless. He has no desire to win. Zero determination. He’s soft, physically and mentally.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
It’s one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever seen from one of our top players. He literally refuses to shoot. He has a world class shot, has one of, if not, the hardest shot in the league, and he refuses to f***ing shoot.

It doesn’t help he’s playing with a trash can that is Mikheyev but Pettersson has been worse.

He’s performed in the playoffs before. Whatever the f*** happened after February 4th, he needs to figure it out. Like you can’t be that mentally fragile that you can’t even gather yourself to AT LEAST make a damn effort. That pathetic backcheck was utterly embarrassing.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I mean... What year? Henrik had like, 5 years of being in the playoffs by the time he was Petterssons age, and didn't really break out in terms of production until 2008-09 when he was 28.

2011, the only time we played Nashville? Henrik also was a late bloomer who wasn't being paid huge amounts of money. I don't expect as much from say Garland as I do the near 12M man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad