GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Aight whatever, just move on. I want to see us push back in the third and just give an effort. Double shift the f***ing Miller line. Triple shift, whatever.

Reactions: VanCanucks53

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
lotto
dak lindholm garl
hog blueg stoney
pdg suter laff

what i want to see in the third, maybe get a second or third shot on goal

SiZ

Jun 24, 2020
If he was getting fair criticism, it would be fine, but the fanbase has reached a delusional level of hate for him. He had 25 points in his last 33 games of the season while playing with bottom 6 linemates. I doubt you can name another playmaking forward who plays without an offensive player on his line 5v5. It's unprecedented, and he is being set up for failure and it has likely killed his confidence.
He's a -5 in the playoffs so far

• Wow
Reactions: Red

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Jesus, the refs and the linesmen are god damn terrible in this game.

At any rate - one goal game heading into the third. Time to dig deep and WIN DA TURD boys. Just get the puck to the f***ing net and crash.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Part of this goes back to the discussion that was had around the Captaincy. Where Miller was out because when he's frustrated, he shows it by "trying to hard" and just doing total Bozo things.

Pettersson was out because when he's frustrated...he sulks. And it doesn't show any real outward signs that he's actually even "trying". He just looks like a zombie right now. The body language is terrible. You can visibly see the confidence is shot and he's retreating into doing very little to avoid messing up.

Which is how we ended up with Hughes, pretty much by default.
I think even McDavid struggles with this and it's one of the real, but underappreciated, reasons why guys like Crosby are truly exceptional.

helloconga

Oct 12, 2023
Florida
petey looks scared , nervous , lost , no confidence, passes to nobody , never shoots the puck. and we as canucks fans laughed at the willy nylander contract when it was signed.

Reactions: Petey O

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Silver lining after that shit show is that we are only down a goal. With the way this series has gone you never know what to expect from period to period.
Yup, this game is completely winnable, if we show up in the third, everything can change quickly.

Nobody will care about ep40 struggling so far if he comes up with a couple of huge goals here

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Yes, but he stil f***ed up and caused the entire situation. Don't blame Petey. Am I saying never blame Petey? Of course not.

That's why most of these comments are emotional and not really rooted in what's happening. Petey is trying. Is he f***ing up a lot? Sure. Miller was also a petulant crybaby for a lot of one season.

It's not like we're getting out of this contract. I think he'll figure it out.

When you're pretty much single-handedly carrying the offense for the team, sometimes you can live with making a mistake trying to make a play.

All the best players mess up here and there trying to make something happen but you live with it because usually, they'll make something happen. I don't love some of Miller's passes but it is what it is.

Pettersson, on the other hand, has made few things happen in 11 periods thus far and has been a liability for a lot of it.

You're not making a sensible comparison.

And it's really hard to argue he's "trying" when he very clearly did not bust his ass on that back-check.

Reactions: thecupismine

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I'd like to get some more size added to this roster next season. This feels like 2011 Bruins all over again. Hughes is getting abused out there.
Management completely neglected this at the deadline but I think they’ll learn. A cheap acquisition like Maroon or Trenin would’ve done wonders. Instead we have to watch Lafferty do nothing and PDG doing just ok as a plugger.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Tocchet is killing me here…he really needs to learn the definition of insanity.

he talks a good game but he has too many flaws and blindspots to be a good coach imo

he'll win the adams this year but it'll be because the team shot at like 40% above league average for three months not because he did a good job

Reactions: Canucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad