GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
IMG_9634.jpeg

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'm legit sad for you right now.
Why?

Because i can recognize that those wood fired thin crust pizzas have next to nothing in common with normal pizzas? That they don't remotely satisfy the craving for the latter type of food?

If you're in the mood for it...those wood fired things can be just fine. Eaten at the place straight out of the oven, with a nice glass of wine. And you feel a lot less...gross afterward too, which is nice i guess. But it's pretentious snootery to suggest that they're straight up "better". They're just...a completely different type of food. Bread + Sauce + Cheese is the only commonality.

Just completely useless as far as takeout/deliver pizza goes. Doesn't travel well at all.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
'Getting experience' was a 2020 thing.

This isn't a young core anymore. This is win-now time.

Miller/Boeser/Hughes/Demko before getting hurt are all playing well and doing what you'd expect. Pettersson looks like he's terrified to touch the puck. It can't be understated how bad he's been. He's making Mitch Marner's worst playoffs look like 1991 Mario Lemieux.
I might be coping pretty hard, but I have so much leeway to give after being free of the Benning disaster. Pettersson's getting on my nerves quite a bit, though. This core really will sink or swim with him, which is what is most concerning.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
0.3 xG vs .5 xG

I don't know who is who but in what world is the Boeser chance not close to a full expected goal?

Unless your source is one of those that doesn't really include any context in the stat other than shot location and velocity?

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Petey needs to lose bis shit. Take a penalty, go Alex Semin and play the bongos on someone, scream into the crowd like hes lost his mind, f***ing anything to get the blood flowing

That goes against every instinct in his body.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Where did this Petey go

View attachment 861371
When you're just the best and most talented out of everyone by far in junior, it's easy to have a lot of confidence that lets you play loose and casual. Everything is working, so you don't have to think twice about what move you're going to make. He was immensely successful right away in the SHL and I think that carried over to his rookie season. In the NHL, you're not necessarily always the smartest or the most skilled in the room anymore, even as an elite young player, so you have to build your game up again. Pettersson has really obviously tried to add a lot to his game over the years, and I think he can get overwhelmed with trying to do everything on both ends of the puck when his bread and butter used to just be skill and handle in transition.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
They're not protecting the neutral zone. It looks like they've been told to scede it to the Preds

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He's not necessarily lighting up the scoreboard, or doing anything particularly flashy...but man...Lindholm is playing well, and really illustrating how you can have a positive impact without scoring a ton. Which is where Pettersson looks so much worse in contrast, by just looking like a zombie. Not even doing also those simple "little things".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad