GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks finding their legs toward the end of the period..Hopefully they can kick it up a notch

Or it will be an even slog of attrition..which could take us into OT..anybody’s game

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Preds don't even try to make a play on the puck when Quinn has it. If you send two guys at a guy with the only intent of hitting him then it would be hard for even Bobby Orr to elude that.

Canucks need to make some planned breakouts to take advantage of how aggressive the Preds are when Quinn has the puck. Should have odd man rushes if we scheme it properly.
Agreed. They know this is the strategy, so now you have to counterpunch it. Make them pay for it and they won't be as likely to do it. Otherwise we can kiss Hughes goodbye even if we get through this round.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Classic overthinking. I saw it all the time with some of the kids I used to coach. If you start thinking too much while you should just be in automatic performance mode, everything you do slows down. It especially happens a lot when the stakes are the highest, and these types of players feel that they need to "think more" than usual, because their brain is usually their biggest asset and how they're used to winning. It's not like we have to speculate, either. Tocchet has said this is what Pettersson asks him for advice on, and this is what Pettersson says he is having problems with in interviews. He'll figure it out, it's just a matter of getting more mileage and experience.
The best solution to this is blind rage.

Hopefully they keep poking at him and he finally loses it. No better way to get out of your own head then pure anger.

Reactions: Indiana and Jay26

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Canucks finding their legs toward the end of the period..Hopefully they can kick it up a notch

Or it will be an even slog of attrition..which could take us into OT..
Or the preds take over but let's hope not..I don't know if the team is trying to play more defensive since demko went down but they need to apply more offensive pressure.

Preds have more energy right now.

Reactions: quat

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Petey needs to lose bis shit. Take a penalty, go Alex Semin and play the bongos on someone, scream into the crowd like hes lost his mind, f***ing anything to get the blood flowing
He needs to be more Salming than the stereotypical soft Swede for sure. Or just crazy skill like we know hes shown before. What he is now is a nobody

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Literally one guy is struggling. And it isn't that he's struggling, it's that he looks like a complete zombie.
I have to admit: I'm getting very, very concerned. If he comes out of the gate looking like this next season, we're pretty much ****ed.

Reactions: DarrenX

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Petey needs to lose bis shit. Take a penalty, go Alex Semin and play the bongos on someone, scream into the crowd like hes lost his mind, f***ing anything to get the blood flowing
Yeah, f*** that calm Swedish demeanor, he needs to go crazy Canuck for a spell.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Where did this Petey go

IMG_3197.jpeg

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I have to admit: I'm getting very, very concerned. If he comes out of the gate looking like this next season, we're pretty much ****ed.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's fine in the regular season.

But if he doesn't shake out of it in these playoffs, it'll be really interesting to see how he looks in the next one.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Silovs looking about as good as we could hope.

D-men took turns messing up. Cole missing on an aggressive attack on our blue line early was pretty idiotic by a smart veteran - unnecessary chance to give up when you're trying to get your young goalie comfortable and into it.

Zadorov continues to be noticeable in good ways.

Hughes has to be a concern. Slightly shaky play continuing from last game and he's obviously taking a beating. Bad turnover on the goal against but some blame may go to his bench or Petey for not hollering that he was being doubled.

Petey also should be taking majority of the blame on that goal as he decided to double the guy Hughes was already covering. If you're gonna double, you damn well make sure you break up the play otherwise there's going to be a guy wide open which is exactly what happened. And then Petey gets bullied in the Nashville cele scrum and he just mopes to the bench. Can only shake your head.
This is why don't have much hope for Pettersson. He's not in some funk - barring a major depressive episode that we're obviously not privy to. This is just who he is.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Again, if the team doesn't set him up with a sports psychologist in the offseason I start to shift the blame on them. Managing your players and getting the best out of them is the teams responsibility.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana and Petey O

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
TNT panel picking apart Pettersson for blown coverage on the 1-1 goal.

Deservedly so.

It's one thing to be close to useless offensively but he's been the culprit on several goals against and we're only 10 periods into this series.

It's completely unacceptable from any player let alone of your highest paid and highest played guys.

Reactions: Indiana and dez

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
This is why don't have much hope for Pettersson. He's not in some funk - barring a major depressive episode that we're obviously not privy to. This is just who he is.
He's been taping his wrist, but a wrist injury doesn't strike me as the type of injury that would have him playing scared. Very confusing player.

Reactions: Jay26

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yep. This is great experience either way. I'd obviously love them to go far, but even if they lose this series, this season was a success.

You have to give a young core a free playoff run to learn and get used to playoff hockey. Then the expectations start to ramp up.

'Getting experience' was a 2020 thing.

This isn't a young core anymore. This is win-now time.

Miller/Boeser/Hughes/Demko before getting hurt are all playing well and doing what you'd expect. Pettersson looks like he's terrified to touch the puck. It can't be understated how bad he's been. He's making Mitch Marner's worst playoffs look like 1991 Mario Lemieux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad