GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Is anyone really that surprised rhat some of the core is struggling. What you expect from players who have never played in the playoffs. This run is all about getting experience for the core.
Yep. This is great experience either way. I'd obviously love them to go far, but even if they lose this series, this season was a success.

Reactions: Flik

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The intermission panel is speculating that Hughes is playing hurt. I know one thing. I he keeps receiving this kind of forechecking punishment in his own zone, he won't be healthy or long.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Preds don't even try to make a play on the puck when Quinn has it. If you send two guys at a guy with the only intent of hitting him then it would be hard for even Bobby Orr to elude that.

Canucks need to make some planned breakouts to take advantage of how aggressive the Preds are when Quinn has the puck. Should have odd man rushes if we scheme it properly.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Literally one guy is struggling. And it isn't that he's struggling, it's that he looks like a complete zombie.
Classic overthinking. I saw it all the time with some of the kids I used to coach. If you start thinking too much while you should just be in automatic performance mode, everything you do slows down. It especially happens a lot when the stakes are the highest, and these types of players feel that they need to "think more" than usual, because their brain is usually their biggest asset and how they're used to winning. Talent comes in many forms, and some of those cerebral big brain type kids can really, really struggle when it comes to this stuff - especially when their peers outperform them and they just spiral into self-confidence issues. It's not like we have to speculate, either. Tocchet has said this is what Pettersson asks him for advice on, and this is what Pettersson says he is having problems with in interviews. He'll figure it out, it's just a matter of getting more mileage and experience.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Hopefully this is the start of a contending era for us, I think we're going to have to load manage Hughes throughout the season in the future.

Reactions: nucks88

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Big Z has been strong again in this game

Petterson looks lost

Hrudey has one big fat head!

Rookie G has been solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events