GDT: WCQF GM04 | Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | Sun. Apr 28th | 2:00PM PST | SNP/CBC | Don’t Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Winnipeg proving that even if you have the best goalie in the world, that goalies are still a wildcard in the playoffs.
Same point as I made the other day:

Average goaltenders can:
  • keep you in a game
  • shit the bed

Star goaltenders can:
  • win you a game
  • keep you in a game
  • shit the bed
Just because you are a star goalie, it doesn't make you any less prone to have really terrible runs. Luongo.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Atleast silovs is much larger than cds, and surprisingly tolopilo is older and even larger at 6'6".

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Lets hope this is not a repeat of Mikey DiPietro's first NHL game. I remember feeling kind of excited and curious to see him in NHL action after his strong performance at the WJC. And it was a nightmare start.

I know this isn't Silovs' first NHL game, but it is definitely his biggest, and his first playoff start. And it feels similarly rushed to have him be called upon.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
1714336190686.jpeg

Just saw on Reddit that Silovs has a statue of him in Latvia. He's primed for a cinderella story.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Lets hope this is not a repeat of Mikey DiPietro's first NHL game. I remember feeling kind of excited and curious to see him in NHL action after his strong performance at the WJC. And it was a nightmare start.

I know this isn't Silovs' first NHL game, but it is definitely his biggest, and his first playoff start. And it feels similarly rushed to have him be called upon.

Still think it’s dumb we gave up on Dipietro so early. Has good numbers in the AHL right now for Providence, while we’re basically left with the remains of a fourth round pick after trading Studnicka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad