WCQF Game 7 - Vegas in the Big D.... but it will always be Ickle Diddykins to me. | 4:30PM

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The team didn't have it all year. Even the first twelve games where they lost one they looked pretty bad some games and still got the win. After that we were a barely over 500 team.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
6 on 5 with Stephenson on the ice is really 5 on 5 with Stephenson also on the ice.

Stephenson was beyond useless at everything in this series. He can't find a new place to play quick enough for me. Having him on the PP just gave the Stars the chance to pressure everywhere else.

Reactions: Haguerbomb

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Stephenson was beyond useless at everything in this series. He can't find a new place to play quick enough for me. Having him on the PP just gave the Stars the chance to pressure everywhere else.
That and having both Stone and Hertl on the same PP. Hertly at least doesn't completely f*** up, but Stone's been a completely liabiliaty.

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
Good luck with that Hertl contract. He really looked slow out there, out of shape, not recovered from injury?

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I'd be fine trading stone in the offseason, he predictable end of season injuries should fetch us a massive haul :sarcasm:
If he can't skate better than he is now he should retire. He's a great captain but he just can't do it at this half speed.

Reactions: hangman005

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Like I said before luck matters. We made it through the whole run last year with virtually no key injuries. We limped in this year with Petro/Karlsson/Stone all clearly not at full health. Lost Hague early in the series too and he was much better than Whitecloud this year. It sucks but it's tough to repeat. Still came down to about as fluky of a GWG as you'll see.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I think we will be much better next year - Hill looks back in form. Need to inject some youth and speed, especially up front. I think our defense will be great with Korczak and Hanifin for a full year. Maybe Cormier is ready.

Very disappointed but the same crap that killed us in the regular season (turnovers, poor puck management) did so in the playoffs.

I doubt we were beating Colorado anyway unless Georgiev completely came apart.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I think we will be much better next year - Hill looks back in form. Need to inject some youth and speed, especially up front. I think our defense will be great with Korczak and Hanifin for a full year. Maybe Cormier is ready.

Very disappointed but the same crap that killed us in the regular season (turnovers, poor puck management) did so in the playoffs.

Yeah it's pretty much what I expected to happen. Not gonna cry about what could have been, losing in round 1 is exactly where we deserved to lose... hell if it wasn't for the first 11 games we wouldn't have even made the playoffs.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Hill wasn't really challenged very much. He could have saved the first goal, I actually think if they kept with Thompson he would have been good for one extra save over Hill in the last three games and it could have made the difference. He was certainly better than Hill.

I actually also think we could have beat Colorado and depending on factors Edmonton/Vancouver. It's the breaks and it happens most years but so many teams are so close to each other this year.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Hill wasn't really challenged very much. He could have saved the first goal, I actually think if they kept with Thompson he would have been good for one extra save over Hill in the last three games and it could have made the difference. He was certainly better than Hill.

I actually also think we could have beat Colorado and depending on factors Edmonton/Vancouver. It's the breaks and it happens most years but so many teams are so close to each other this year.
It would have been intresting, at the end of the day Dallas clearly wanted it more. and I imagine that still would have held true for the avs.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It would have been intresting, at the end of the day Dallas clearly wanted it more. and I imagine that still would have held true for the avs.

Yeah it wouldn't have been guaranteed but I think we would have had a real shot at making back to the Cup Final. But we easily could have lost at any point also and I wouldn't have bet on us winning again this year.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Roast of Tom Brady got me through the loss. After I feel somewhat alright but this year left some questions.

Why the hell was Anthony Mantha the first player acquired? Guy is Tatar 2.0 without term. Such a waste especially when his salary could have easily hurt us in other trades made or not made.

Also does Hertl really fit with this team? I hope he is more about next year than this year. This seems to prevent re-signing Marche which seems like a mistake.

Is Theodore here next year? With Hanifin fitting like a glove, it could mean that Theodore could be had in the right trade. Could be a way to get Marchy money and bring in decent age forward help.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Roast of Tom Brady got me through the loss. After I feel somewhat alright but this year left some questions.

Why the hell was Anthony Mantha the first player acquired? Guy is Tatar 2.0 without term. Such a waste especially when his salary could have easily hurt us in other trades made or not made.

Also does Hertl really fit with this team? I hope he is more about next year than this year. This seems to prevent re-signing Marche which seems like a mistake.

Is Theodore here next year? With Hanifin fitting like a glove, it could mean that Theodore could be had in the right trade. Could be a way to get Marchy money and bring in decent age forward help.

Hertl came off knee surgery. Probably came back a bit too early.

I don't think we can accurately judge Hertl until next season where he will have a full offseason off rest.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
The team would have had to play at Colorado almost right away on Tuesday and Thursday. Same thing happened 3 years ago when the team had a 7 game series with Minnesota, Colorado had an easy first round series, and the schedule gave us no break so our team went in there and got blown out in game 1. That Knight team was healthier and still fell behind 2-0 in the series right away.

I think our team would have fallen behind in a series with them, and that combined with the injuries would be too much to overcome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad