GDT: WCQF - Game #7 Oilers host Kings 8pm MT/ 10pm ET/ 4pm HST (Bryanbryoil)/ Sunday 4am EET | CBC, SN, ESPN, TVAS, BSSC/630CHED, AM570

Status
Not open for further replies.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
At a shoe store. Might buy this mirror. Makes me look skinny.
1652543027661.jpeg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
I am more nervous about this game than any game since game 7 of the Philly series. Even more so than 2006.
Interesting. I'm not at all. Kind of made peace with whatever result but I expect the Oilers to Win it. In 87 I was nervous, could hardly sleep nervous and like you I was there watching that monumental nailbiter game. When Andy scored the 3-1 goal its like bedlam and then relief swept through the crowd. Winnipeg game 7 in 90 felt tense too, and of course 2006. I was more amped about that one because its a SC final game 7.

If the Oilers play their game they can put this away. Its up to them.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
I was wondering a bit why he was going a little slower and being deliberate on the empty net. Now I know why.
Kane really loves to slam those empty net goals home for emphasis. lol Hopefully we seal this game long before that for all you nervous types. I'm not mocking, I used to be that way. I'm completely not now.

Just a word to those going DT though. If the unthinkable happens probably best to get out of there. Even in Edmonton, it wouldn't be festivities taking place if the wrong team should lose. Best to get out of there. Kind of my duty as a person that has witnessed more through the years to mention this kind of thing to younger people on the forum or maybe those not thinking about it.

Again I feel the Oilers will win, but be prepared if they don't. Not a good night to pick (even though its Saturday) to go to a drinking district. Sometimes even in wins bedlam like the Whyte Ave riots decades ago.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I have a huge dilemma guys and gals. On Thursday I wore my reverse retro McDavid jersey and we won. In game 5 I wore my royal blue McDavid jersey and we lost. My Reverse retro is really an away jersey but it is 3-1 while my royal blue is 1-2. What one do I wear tonight? Help lol

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Interesting. I'm not at all. Kind of made peace with whatever result but I expect the Oilers to Win it. In 87 I was nervous, could hardly sleep nervous and like you I was there watching that monumental nailbiter game. When Andy scored the 3-1 goal its like bedlam and then relief swept through the crowd. Winnipeg game 7 in 90 felt tense too, and of course 2006. I was more amped about that one because its a SC final game 7.

If the Oilers play their game they can put this away. Its up to them.
I agree that the team can and should win. I think what makes me most nervous with respect to winning is that now more than back then the league manages things to negate skill advantage. But the main reason I am nervous is that if they lose I think we will see a lot of off season turmoil that could lead to the end of the McDavid/Draisaitl era as far as any chance for a real sustained contender. I am too old to want to go through another decade of darkness.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
I have a huge dilemma guys and gals. On Thursday I wore my reverse retro McDavid jersey and we won. In game 5 I wore my royal blue McDavid jersey and we lost. My Reverse retro is really an away jersey but it is 3-1 while my royal blue is 1-2. What one do I wear tonight? Help lol
You win with the win jersey. Its not a question. Superstition is important. ;)

lol, I mentioned I'm watching THIS series on my 50HD TV instead of projection screen because whenever I watch on 100inch projection screen LA starts scoring goals sensing the moment...hehe. Watching Kempe in real life size scoring and celebrating the OT goal on big screen would have been kind of horrible. As it was I put my head down and could't look..

Reactions: Ginger Papa

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
You win with the win jersey. Its not a question. Superstition is important. ;)

lol, I mentioned I'm watching THIS series on my 50HD TV instead of projection screen because whenever I watch on 100inch projection screen LA starts scoring goals sensing the moment...hehe. Watching Kempe in real life size scoring and celebrating the OT goal on big screen would have been kind of horrible. As it was I put my head down and could't look..

All right reverse retro it is just worried because it’s an away jersey at home lol .

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Went out yesterday and bought a 4K Sony projector for tonight’s game.
Tradition in my family, you only buy a new TV (or projector) during playoffs.
Course’ had to suspend the rule during the decade of darkness!

Attachments

• B7A2DF60-7A4F-4612-B232-4921891CA69B.jpeg
    B7A2DF60-7A4F-4612-B232-4921891CA69B.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 4

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
I agree that the team can and should win. I think what makes me most nervous with respect to winning is that now more than back then the league manages things to negate skill advantage. But the main reason I am nervous is that if they lose I think we will see a lot of off season turmoil that could lead to the end of the McDavid/Draisaitl era as far as any chance for a real sustained contender. I am too old to want to go through another decade of darkness.
Since the playoffs I've been doing outside projects, repairs, gardening, anything to keep busy and physical exercise and so whenever the game starts I'm in that nice relaxed zen zone after a day of labor. Just saying that because theres still hours to game time so just distract and do something you enjoy and have an enjoyable day. This to you and anybody here. Although its raining in Edmonton.

As to what you said specifically I get it. Dominos could fall if the worse should happen. But better not to cross bridges during earthquakes. (I mixed up metaphors for a laugh, but I think you know what I mean. ) I'll worry about it if anything comes to a point. Until then just want to enjoy a glorious game 7.

All right reverse retro it is just worried because it’s an away jersey at home lol .

The hockey gods don't consider such things important. As long as its not a Leafs Jersey of any type all shall be well. Don't have a Canadian Flag on you for any reason as it can confuse the hockey deity.

Reactions: RattsSSV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad