GDT: WCQF Game 6: Dallas Stars @ A couple of Vegas Golden Knights | 7PM | Do your duty then

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Don't really understand why Adin Hill is starting tonight. Hoping for a hail mary that he finds last year's playoff magic in an elimination game despite the fact he's been terrible for a few months now. That is certainly a decision.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Don't really understand why Adin Hill is starting tonight. Hoping for a hail mary that he finds last year's playoff magic in an elimination game despite the fact he's been terrible for a few months now. That is certainly a decision.
I think that's exactly what Cassidy is hoping for. I thought he was fine in Game 5 though. The team in front of him completely let him down.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think that's exactly what Cassidy is hoping for. I thought he was fine in Game 5 though. The team in front of him completely let him down.
I thought he got bailed out numerous times on rebounds where he had no idea where the puck was. I've watched him a lot the past few months and his rebound control has just been abysmal and even his body control in the net has looked awful. Feels like 10 times a period he's either out of position swimming in his crease or looks like he can't find the puck that just hit him.

Imo he's lucky he's such a big goalie because a lot of puck just him him last game that he had no business saving because he looked like he wasn't tracking or moving into shots very well at all. Really looks nothing like he did in the playoffs last year.

Reactions: Summer Rose

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Either way I think not rewarding the goalie whose worked his ass off all series, and was the only thing kepping us in half the games is just Idiotic.... if were Thompson I'd be fuming.
Yeah I kind of found this weird. I understand giving Hill one game to see if he could spark something, but he didn't and he didn't look all that great. I would have gone back to Thompson. He's bailed them out big time in this series.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I thought he got bailed out numerous times on rebounds where he had no idea where the puck was. I've watched him a lot the past few months and his rebound control has just been abysmal and even his body control in the net has looked awful. Feels like 10 times a period he's either out of position swimming in his crease or looks like he can't find the puck that just hit him.

Imo he's lucky he's such a big goalie because a lot of puck just him him last game that he had no business saving because he looked like he wasn't tracking or moving into shots very well at all. Really looks nothing like he did in the playoffs last year.
Well that's why I said fine. Whatever. Maybe Cassidy is ready for Cancun too.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Actually, now that I think about it, there were some rumblings that Thompson started getting beyond arrogant last year and was starting rub his teammates the wrong way. I didn't give the rumors much credence, but now I'm wondering if LT did something in the locker room that was out of line...grasping at straws maybe.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Actually, now that I think about it, there were some rumblings that Thompson started getting beyond arrogant last year and was starting rub his teammates the wrong way. I didn't give the rumors much credence, but now I'm wondering if LT did something in the locker room that was out of line...grasping at straws maybe.

Did you listen to 32T today? They were talking about this and it was noted that when a coach wins with a certain guy, they become stubbornly loyal to that guy. Sullivan being loyal to Murray was mentioned as reference. They speculated this is why they’d go with Hill. It might simply be that Hill is Cassidy’s security blanket.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
My head cannon personally is he works is butt off and it rubs the team the wrong way as they head out the door for a quick 18 :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Did you listen to 32T today? They were talking about this and it was noted that when a coach wins with a certain guy, they become stubbornly loyal to that guy. Sullivan being loyal to Murray was mentioned as reference. They speculated this is why they’d go with Hill. It might simply be that Hill is Cassidy’s security blanket.
Recent history should preclude this from being the case. If it is a case of Logan Thompson being punished for misbehavior, he must have done something totally out of line.

I really can't understand why he'd go with the more heavily struggling goalie in an elimination game if it's not something along those lines. If it's just a persisting hope that Hill will recapture the magic and he's willing to gamble on an elimination game for him to find it, that would make me lose a lot of respect for him as a coach and mine is still fairly high in spite of the team's struggles.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Recent history should preclude this from being the case. If it is a case of Logan Thompson being punished for misbehavior, he must have done something totally out of line.

I really can't understand why he'd go with the more heavily struggling goalie in an elimination game if it's not something along those lines. If it's just a persisting hope that Hill will recapture the magic and he's willing to gamble on an elimination game for him to find it, that would make me lose a lot of respect for him as a coach and mine is still fairly high in spite of the team's struggles.
I heard he interupted the team while they were on the golf course during game 4 when he called during the intermission to ask where everyone was.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Going from NSH’s “music from 1985” to VGK’s “4 on the floor club music” is gonna be some whiplash.
yORXqoC.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RedRocking

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
It's amazing how badly Canadian media avoids talking about Dallas. Lmao

Sportsnet would rather talk about the biggest snooze fest of the playoffs rather than the upcoming game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad