GDT: WCQF (Game 5) Edmonton Oilers vs. Los Angeles Kings, 10pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
They beat the Kings in one less game. lol The Oilers haven't been tested yet. They're in the exact same position as last year. Let me know when they stomp a real team.
To be fair last two years the only team that beat the Oilers were the Stanley cup champions which by definition the best team in the league. Oilers are a completely different team this year excited to see how they do going forward.

Reactions: soothsayer

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Canucks have zero pressure, underdogs, no starting goalie, first time in playoffs after many years. All pressure is on Oilers lol
It's the playoffs. If you're just content being there and aren't feeling any pressure, you aren't doing it right and you aren't going to win. I hope the Canucks aren't feeling pressure. It means they won't exit the first round.

Canucks are and they have been all season and even before the season started. Heck they are underdogs because of being in playoffs for the first time in many years. Inexperienced team with no starting goalie. If we lose, there is a built in excuse. If Oilers lose, there is no excuse.
The only excuse for either team is the same. "We didn't get it done."

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
To be fair last two years the only team that beat the Oilers were the Stanley cup champions which by definition the best team in the league. Oilers are a completely different team this year excited to see how they do going forward.

Don’t give Blake any ideas

“By the transitive property we are the Stanley Cup runner runner ups. I consider this a complete success”

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
It's the playoffs. If you're just content being there and aren't feeling any pressure, you aren't doing it right and you aren't going to win. I hope the Canucks aren't feeling pressure. It means they won't exit the first round.
They have pressure but not the pressure of being favorites to win the cup unlike Oilers and McDavid saying cup or bust before the season started. Again, they have no expectation of going far especially without Demko and DeSmith injured. Even Canucks fans know. Wins for Canucks now is just cherry on top of a good season.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Preds are bad, Canucks have been bad, NYI were bad, Jets were horrid...all arguably worse than LA.
Lol is this a joke.
Preds? A better goalie, a much better D core (Josi is much better than Doughty) and the offense is better (Forsberg > Kempe).
Canucks and Jets, I don't even have to comment.
NYI has more depth with 3 30g scorers vs 1 for LA. Dobson>Doughty, the rest of the D core is a wash. Sorotkin/Varlamov are also better than any goalie LA has.

The only reason the Kings are even in the playoffs is they had this crazy hot streak on the road to start the season.

• Haha
Reactions: Macheteops

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
They have pressure but not the pressure of being favorites to win the cup unlike Oilers and McDavid saying cup or bust before the season started. Again, they have no expectation of going far especially without Demko and DeSmith injured. Even Canucks fans know. Wins for Canucks now is just cherry on top of a good season.
So the Canucks are happy losing. Got it.

• Love
Reactions: Senor Catface

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
The Vancouver/Edmonton talk is a bit premature. Vancouver is honestly probably lucky they still up in their series or haven’t been an eliminated yet. Very bizarre series they are having.
True, you expect a team without their starter and backup to lose but here we are. Again win by Canucks at this stage with the situation at hand is just a bonus. Canucks are in the worst situation possible injury wise and i bet pettersson and Hughes are also playing injured.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
The word fraud gets thrown around a lot, but Draisaitl is a genuine fraud riding on the coat tails of a truly great player...
1714626757439.png

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Eh, I'm mostly ok with Oilers, and I wouldn't mind seeing McDavid go far - I watch him a lot and he is truly up there with Gretzky and Lemieux, but I don't like Draisaitl at all, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad