GDT: WCQF (Game 5) Edmonton Oilers vs. Los Angeles Kings, 10pm ET, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
I understand Oilers fans are excited, but this is literally a one trip pony once again.

it’s the same shit every single year

Legitimately curious without talking shit here, Oilers fans, what makes you think you have any chance against Colorado or Dallas if you’re just gonna be a PP only team?

Legitimately curious
🙄

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I understand Oilers fans are excited, but this is literally a one trip pony once again.

Legitimately curious without talking shit here, Oilers fans, what makes you think you have any chance against Colorado or Dallas if you’re just gonna be a PP only team?

Legitimately curious
lets not act like the Avalanche don't get by on PP's

Reactions: Mez

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
There is no way anyone is gonna beat Edmonton if officials are gonna call penalties like this
Only one that is even remotely questionable is the Dubois call. Every other one was warranted. Keep crying though.

Reactions: Mez

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Two things that were obvious coming in:

Gary Bettman's shitty playoff format is seriously flawed
The Kings weren't winning shit with their AHL quality goalie tandem
I honestly don't think the Kings could've beaten Washington. Definitely the worst team in the playoffs.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg

Legitimately curious
Yup. Oilers get the benefit of the weaker bracket again, and will run around acting like their team is great for winning a round or 2. When in reality they get clapped the second they play a real contender

killermiller

Kings Fan
Feb 7, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
GL for the rest of the playoffs Oiler fans.

Wish it was more competitive from our side but we knew we weren't winning this one.
Doesn't help that the officiating made this frustrating to watch with phantom calls on both sides throughout the series, difference was the Kings PP was dog water and the Oil PP was gold.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton

Legitimately curious
3 EV goals and one PP goal?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

Legitimately curious
Are you crying right now?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Wait, are there some people who think those penalties were legit? Jesus Christ, Been an official for 30 years, those refs, aren't doing any more playoff games.....let alone going to round 2,

Just absolute garbage.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Low iq fans will complain about the pp but the simple fact is no team can compete with the oilers speed and skill, the options are either hook hold and trip or let them dance around and score on you. They arent taking penalties for fun.
If they didn't hook any grab then our even strength scoring would be better. Like that call on McDavid, if they don't impede him there, he's got a clear lane to the net

OilWagon

Jul 20, 2019
Edmonton
Yup. Oilers get the benefit of the weaker bracket again, and will run around acting like their team is great for winning a round or 2. When in reality they get clapped the second they play a real contender
We get it you're a Leafs fan. They would be world beaters if they didn't have to play teams like Columbus and Montreal in the first round.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Really think LA should take this moment while the Oilers are distracted by "intermission" and put 10 in the back of the net. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Sniper99

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I honestly don't think the Kings could've beaten Washington. Definitely the worst team in the playoffs.
It's funny, a month or so ago I was thinking they'd matchup great vs Jets if they fell to a wild card. But beyond that, yea not many teams I'd see this years Kings beating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain