GDT: WCQF- Game 4 YOUR NASHVILLE PREDATORS hosing the deranged oreo dolphins 28 APR 2024, 1600 CDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Winnipeg is looking more like SJ than how they did in the regular season. If Helly isn't playing like the Vezina winner he is, they'll be done by Weds.
Avs are making him move side to side and Helly is an absolute boat anchor when required to move. He's very solid technically but has zero lateral movement and the Jets can't seem to stop any passes from connecting this series.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
As I said before the the regular season doesn't mean much come playoff time.... and if Demko isn't back I don't think it will matter much... especially since 3 of the four came when they were playing like a lottery team....

Heck my Canes were also unbeaten agaist the panthers last year in the regular season we know how that turned out.
Canucks played one game that mattered for playoff seeding, and won it. That doesn't give them a 1-0 lead in the series or anything, but the shittalking from fans of a team that went donut for 4 against the Canucks in the regular season is a bit unwarranted. The Oilers fans just think it's 'their turn', the Canucks have to cut in line and prove to all the pundits that the regular season was no fluke. Oilers losing streak was against playoff teams, they feasted on non-playoff teams to get back in the race.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Saros rocking an .850 SV% is the difference in this series. Canucks have gone through three goalies, all of them have a materially better save percentage.

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
Canucks played one game that mattered for playoff seeding, and won it. That doesn't give them a 1-0 lead in the series or anything, but the shittalking from fans of a team that went donut for 4 against the Canucks in the regular season is a bit unwarranted. The Oilers fans just think it's 'their turn', the Canucks have to cut in line and prove to all the pundits that the regular season was no fluke. Oilers losing streak was against playoff teams, they feasted on non-playoff teams to get back in the race.
I hear you there, I'm not talking crap either way just saying they will need to play better and hopefully have Demko.... sub 20 SOG aren't gonna beat them in the playoffs I don't think.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Not only are the Canucks better matched up against Oilers, they physically dominated them too. That last game was no contest on the physicality department. Not sure why Oilers want to draw Canucks.
Sure but the oilers controlled play even if they lost and McDavid didn't play.

I wouldn't want to play the Oilers as they are destroying the Kings who are a big heavy team.

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
As an oilers fan i really hope the canucks make it to round 2....easiest road to the wcf ever
lol.
This has ‘we want Florida’ written all over it.

Canucks smoked the oilers all year and the Oilers don’t have the defence to shut out the Canucks like Nashville does.

I see that Around the League thread in the oilers forums getting even more sour after that series.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

His perception isn’t wrong, Vancouver is having a time with a strong defensive team while Edmonton is cake walking through a mentally fragile LA team.

The saving grace is Edmonton doesn’t have the horses to shut down Pettersson/Hughes like Nashville does, they don’t play any form of strong defensive systems.

Injuries are also piling up for Vancouver in this series which tilts the matchup

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This is kinda my argument, without demko and if they keep up the sub 20 SOGs it will be a short series.
I don’t think most Canuck fans are expecting an easy series.
It’s just a response to a few cocky Oiler fans predicting they’ll demolish the Canucks.
I think it’s essentially a coin flip.
You say regular season doesn’t mean much and I’d argue earlier series don’t mean a lot either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad