GDT: WCQF Game 4: Dallas Stars @ Vegas Golden Knights | 6:30PM PT| Maybe everyone should show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Dallas has figured out what you do when you have a below average goalie who is largely seeing the puck well. You start to throw stuff at him from everywhere and generally you get some breaks. The biggest mistake teams make when a guy who is not elite starts getting hot is just overthinking stuff and being too perfect

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Vegas giving up goals like they did in the regular season now. Remember Dallas could have had several more in game 3 if Thompson didn’t carry his team all by himself.

Reactions: Summer Rose

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Vegas goaltending is nerve-wracking. Rebounds abound.

It scares the bejeebus out of me that this might be "The Guy" for Team Canada right now.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Thompson is a good goalie but Cassidys system makes goalies look better than they really are. They could have Jack Campbell and he would put up a .930SV% there.

Really any good defensive team can do that. Its why most teams did not fall for the Robin Lehner thing. Isles let him walk but nobody wanted him because I think they knew he was a Trotz system goalie who was not worth what he was asking for in free agency and sure enough we saw in Vegas when they had that little brief downturn if you wanna call it that he was not nearly as impressive.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Vegas got the worst possible matchup for them. Even with a bunch of players coming back from LTIR it would be favourable to allow the team time to play together.

They're outmatched in every position by Dallas. That choke to Anaheim might cost them the Cup this season. If Oettinger gets hot, this series is over in 6. Early in the series Thompson was outplaying Oettinger but I didn't think he could do it the full series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad