GDT: WCQF | G5 | “Check” | Oilers vs. Kings | 5.1.24 | 8:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
If Edmonton doesn't close it out tonight I'll get a taco bell tramp stamp.
you should call into alex jones show

Alex just yells at everything lol, I'd rather call into the Fan 960 and troll them after a horrible game. Art though, he was a genuine guy who wanted to talk about everything!

Is their a radio station in Canada that still airs Coast to Coast AM? I was a frequent listener years ago.
I'm not sure, there's a way to listen online for certain. I just haven't bothered, George Noory is not Art Bell. :\

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Coast to Coast AM after the game?
Tonight on Coast to Coast AM, Art will talk with a source, who has evidence, that the Bermuda Triangle is linked with the Kings 1-3-1 formation. In hour 2, we'll discuss the eerie similarities between Doughty and Bigfoot.
Art Bell W6OBB-2.jpg

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Foegele was probably our worst forward last game. He seems to get too antsy in the playoffs and his brain shuts off. Kept throwing the puck to nowhere last game. Holloway deserves his spot for now.

Ceci was probably our worst defenceman. Slow to react. Bad sticks, kings were stepping up on him and ripping it meanwhile guys like Bouch were getting sticks in the way all game .
Foegele has been doing that all season. It’s just who he is. Yeah- Ceci was our worst defensemen. I’m seriously concerned as the playoffs go on, how he will fare. He is one of the worst in the league against rush chances- if Oilers get to the third round- both Dallas and Avs rely on rush chances.

Reactions: TheNumber4

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
McDavid and Draisaitl are eating Danault’s and Kopitar’s lunch. Knob’s deployment hasn’t gotten enough credit. From the Athletic…

Under Knoblauch during this year’s series versus the Kings, it is Draisaitl (37), McDavid (25), McLeod (14) and Sam Carrick (14) leading the way.

The Oilers are using the top-end players more often for defensive-zone faceoffs.

It’s smart deployment, and also lends itself to using McDavid most effectively.

When the captain starts in his defensive zone, and the faceoff is won, it allows Edmonton to dictate the pace on outlet passing. If Bouchard can hit McDavid on the fly entering the neutral zone, the Kings defence is instantly in trouble.

McDavid works best with more room to wheel, and can lose checkers easier in the neutral zone.

Knoblauch appears to be using Edmonton’s best players, and best offensive players, in what is a traditionally checking (defensive zone faceoffs) situation

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I dunno. If we finish LA tonight and Vancouver goes 7 then the earliest we are playing is next Tuesday/Wednesday.

I don’t know if it would be good for this team to be sitting idle for 5-6 days.
I hear what your saying but at this time of year I would rather the team be too rested than not rested enough.The other part of this is that they have done pretty well so far this season with extended breaks.
Doesnt seem to negatively affect them.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
McDavid and Draisaitl are eating Danault’s and Kopitar’s lunch. Knob’s deployment hasn’t gotten enough credit. From the Athletic…

Under Knoblauch during this year’s series versus the Kings, it is Draisaitl (37), McDavid (25), McLeod (14) and Sam Carrick (14) leading the way.

The Oilers are using the top-end players more often for defensive-zone faceoffs.

It’s smart deployment, and also lends itself to using McDavid most effectively.

When the captain starts in his defensive zone, and the faceoff is won, it allows Edmonton to dictate the pace on outlet passing. If Bouchard can hit McDavid on the fly entering the neutral zone, the Kings defence is instantly in trouble.

McDavid works best with more room to wheel, and can lose checkers easier in the neutral zone.

Knoblauch appears to be using Edmonton’s best players, and best offensive players, in what is a traditionally checking (defensive zone faceoffs) situation
I wonder how much is that those individuals on their line can only do so much. LA has a lot of no shows this playoffs that are hurting them

Arviddson was a lot better last year, Fiala in only 3 games was deadly for them. Then take away Vilardi and Iafallo and replace them with PLD and you have another massive drop off.

Then add their defense that really isn't all that good as a whole. I honestly don't know what their plan is with that defense. You got Doughty and then meh after that. Like how do they ever think they can go multiple rounds playing him so much with not so great of support.

Reactions: Porkleaker

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
This series and the past few years remind me of a role reversal, Stars Oilers late 90's early 2000's. Man that was tough to be an Oilers fan. Oilers played them so tough and hit everything that moved but lost so many series to them.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It's crazy how he did that on one leg and in a 5 game series, and somehow the Flames made it all about "One Guy" alluding to McDavid.

Lol almost forgot about that loser narrative. "One guy is killing us!" as Hyman, Draisaitl, Kane, RNH and Bouchard all took turns pissing on them too.

Whatever helps those clowns sleep at night I guess.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
If Edmonton doesn't close it out tonight I'll get a taco bell tramp stamp.

Alex just yells at everything lol, I'd rather call into the Fan 960 and troll them after a horrible game. Art though, he was a genuine guy who wanted to talk about everything!

I'm not sure, there's a way to listen online for certain. I just haven't bothered, George Noory is not Art Bell. :\
they have an app and can listen anytime old and new shows

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think Draisaitl took the lead for Smythe with last games performance. But too bad no one out East watched and an all time defensive performance will be ignored.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I wonder how much is that those individuals on their line can only do so much. LA has a lot of no shows this playoffs that are hurting them

Arviddson was a lot better last year, Fiala in only 3 games was deadly for them. Then take away Vilardi and Iafallo and replace them with PLD and you have another massive drop off.

Then add their defense that really isn't all that good as a whole. I honestly don't know what their plan is with that defense. You got Doughty and then meh after that. Like how do they ever think they can go multiple rounds playing him so much with not so great of support.

Actually, that article states Danault and Doughty both on the ice. McDavid has a 78% shot share and 4-1 goal advantage in just 23 minutes head to head. It’s utter dominance. McLeod is also eating the PLD line up (Fiala is on that line). Kane getting the bump up has Draisaitl destroying Kopitar. LA is long every single match up.

Also- you can’t move Kulak to create space for Broberg. Kulak is a playoff beast. I honestly don’t know where Holland’s grandson (Broberg) would fit.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I think Draisaitl took the lead for Smythe with last games performance. But too bad no one out East watched and an all time defensive performance will be ignored.
I heard Matthews highlights were insane last night. Eating popcorn like a fiend

• Haha
Reactions: TheNumber4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad