GDT: WCQF | G4 | “Village To Burn” | Oilers @ Kings | 4.28.24 | 8:30PM | Crypto.com | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
ted-lasso-believe-qrwvm4bvfske2g5c.gif
Oh I do believe but I'm just being honest about what I'm seeing in the first 2 periods. Regardless, you need a grind out games like these in the playoffs especially on the road so 20 minutes left to take a stranglehold on the series.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Not like he hugged the life outta him, but the free hand was wrapped around.

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
So because the Kings have got away with blatant cross checking and interference they should get away with tackling the puck carrier because the defender dropped his stick?

That makes zero sense.
I don’t disagree with you, just saying that with everything they let go they called a penalty that maybe wouldn’t have been called if we had already had the 2 or 3 pp opportunities we should have

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I don’t like our chances in the 3rd as we’ve been getting caved and the refs are bound to give them a few power plays. Hopefully the boys can surprise with an epic final period

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Oilers defending getting to the next level. Best I've seen in the McDrai era. Oilers bending a bit but not letting Kings get much from quality scoring areas. Really good coverage own zone and battleing well NZ. Not giving kings the kind of odd man rushes and open looks they like. Skinner stopping everything and in position. But Oilers have been batting anything going cross ice.

Really a good goal prevention focus by both clubs. Neither have allowed an EV goal.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Seems like the logical conclusion, but it seems like every other game they don’t have the legs. Really odd, LA is giving it their best though.
I think the game has been hard battled. Oilers strategy in this one is make LA break first. Keep em outside, contained, and wait for breakdowns. Not typical of the Oilers but Kings expending a lot of energy through those two periods.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Seems like the logical conclusion, but it seems like every other game they don’t have the legs. Really odd, LA is giving it their best though.

It has been an Oilers thing that our good efforts only come after losses. Never gonna win a cup that way though.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Yeah lot of interference out there. The penalty called on the Kings was weird too. There was a sequence of about 2-3 penalties by both teams before that and then they decided to call that one. Very weird.

Oilers playing patient and smart, but Kings look way hungrier than us.
It's definitely concerning moving forward

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
This is a recipe for disaster. We're just standing around and waiting for LA to attack.

Need a better effort in the third.

How? We all knew LA would be desperate. A win is not letting LA get on the board. We have 1 more period, and this is the period we excel in, and this is a prime time for the Kings to make poor plays and mistakes as we tire them out. We got this.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
We need to f***ing shoot and shoot!!!

Why did I think it would be different against Rittich? Pass parade like we are scared to shoot on a backup again. These guys should know Rittich very well by now and want to embarrass him.

Reactions: Sanchez

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
How? We all knew LA would be desperate. A win is not letting LA get on the board. We have 1 more period, and this is the period we excel in, and this is a prime time for the Kings to make poor plays and mistakes as we tire them out. We got this.
Kings are going to start making mistakes and the Oilers will pounce. Oilers playing the smart counterpunch game tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad