GDT: WCQF | G4 | “Village To Burn” | Oilers @ Kings | 4.28.24 | 8:30PM | Crypto.com | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
This is an atrocious effort to be quite honest. The Oilers just can't handle being frontrunners.
And yes, I know they're up 1-0 but an extremely fortunate 1-0.
In a sense too though, they’re playing another good road playoff game. They’re getting outshot but they’re committed to team defense. Not many, if any odd man rushes at all. Skinner has been solid but hasn’t had to make any ten bell saves.

LA will come pretty hard again to start the 3rd, the Oilers need another goal to deflate them.

Reactions: dssource and nally

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
This is an atrocious effort to be quite honest. The Oilers just can't handle being frontrunners.
And yes, I know they're up 1-0 but an extremely fortunate 1-0.

ted-lasso-believe-qrwvm4bvfske2g5c.gif

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I don’t remember the last time he scored on that weak wrister on one of the rushes either.

Just a huge liability when he does that, also never seen a guy lose the puck in his feet more often than him.
Real shame because he has great tools but again, his reads and decision making, man.. have to shake your head at the idiocy in the choices he makes and the timing of said choices.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
Funny to see the spit opinions on the Oilers play so far. Obviously they are being cautious/bad and not driving play. But at the same time LA has about 1/2 serious scoring chances. Most of their zone time has ended with a shot deflected off a stick.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
You drop you stick and tackle someone and it’s the easiest call ever to make. I don’t get how all the sportsnet loser Kinds fans don’t know this lol.
Yah it seemed kind of obvious to me. It could have also been holding

Reactions: iCanada

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Dang you guys think the oil are playing bad? I think they're beating the kings at their own game. Low event hockey isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Grind it out, keep them to the outside, goalie playing solid. Very few calls. This is classic playoff hockey and the kind of game the Oilers have usually failed to win in the past. A good defensive TEAM effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad