GDT: WCQF | G4 | “Village To Burn” | Oilers @ Kings | 4.28.24 | 8:30PM | Crypto.com | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Honestly we withstood a pretty good onslaught there and didn’t give up one.

The Kings came out flying as expected. These are professional athletes playing at home.

I thought we weathered that pretty well and started to take momentum at the end of the period.

The Kings were volume perimeter shooting from everywhere. We missed a handful of in close chances.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Despite what the stains in Louie and Singh’s panties might make you think, I thought we did a really good job weathering their push in that period. They didn’t have a lot of Grade A looks, a lot of throwing it on goal and hoping. Their forecheck that also has Louie and Hanarayan smitten is allowing us to break out pretty clean, at some point we will get an odd man as a result.

Need to fix two things:

1 - more on net, more urgency shooting the puck

2 - no more passing in the neutral zone unless it’s really clean. Flip it in, make them skate, make them push, make them turn it over. We’re turning pucks back at their blue line, just keep throwing it low and their d men will give it back.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Damn Kulak, good read to jump up but damn…

Would’ve liked a different dpair out there when they’re stacking the first line like that to close out a period

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Good bend but don’t break period. The Kings are going to blow their load too quick me thinks, shades of the 2017 oilers in game one.

And what in tarnation is Oilers players missing wide open nets. Paul Biznasty would of scored on that prime feed of McD.

Reactions: soothsayer

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Some good stuff. Weathered the storm for the first half then grew into it.

Kings are playing physical and going for bigger hits. Good on the forecheck but their defense is doing it in their own zone. Couple times our forward was able to evade the hit and create some time. Could capitalize on it

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I’m fine with that period. Kings shot totals are inflated with shots from distance that had no chance of going in. Kings had to make a push, physically and they did, but they won’t sustain that.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Honestly we withstood a pretty good onslaught there and didn’t give up one.

The Kings came out flying as expected. These are professional athletes playing at home.

I thought we weathered that pretty well and started to take momentum at the end of the period.

The Kings were volume perimeter shooting from everywhere. We missed a handful of in close chances.
Yeh despite all their shooting. You could argue our sparse chances were more dangerous.

Reactions: McSpecial DraiBlend

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Kings best period and Skinner's best period... balanced each other out.

Oilers have to come out and shoot the puck more and stop deferring... there's traffic in front (including Kings players) and a greasy goal will turn the tide in this game.

Reactions: lopper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad