GDT: WCQF | G4 | “Village To Burn” | Oilers @ Kings | 4.28.24 | 8:30PM | Crypto.com | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
This start time.

On a Friday. Ok fine.

Imagine the NFL starting a game with Patrick mahomes when it’s 11 pm on the east coast.

You can’t imagine because they would never do that….

Hopefully Gary is getting lit up from all sides of media about how much his league is swamp.

Send in the clowns…

Reactions: McDrai

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Very true.
And yet - so much more violent
Yes, also true.

The Ted Green-Wayne Maki stick incident remains as one of hockey's darkest moments.

This start time.

On a Friday. Ok fine.

Imagine the NFL starting a game with Patrick mahomes when it’s 11 pm on the east coast.

You can’t imagine because they would never do that….

Hopefully Gary is getting lit up from all sides of media about how much his league is swamp.

Send in the clowns…
Gary doesn't "do" public opinion.

His job is to increase revenues and he's very good at it--that's why owners love him.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Yes, also true.

The Ted Green-Wayne Maki stick incident remains as one of hockey's darkest moments.

His job is to increase revenues and he's very good at it--that's why owners love him.
True words right here. I really hate that slimeball.

Reactions: MoontoScott

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I don’t see any reason it couldn’t have been 6:00pm.

Just speaking from my own selfish perspective.

It's a 750 puck drop for me which is absolutely fine.

And if the choices are a later evening puck drop versus morning/early afternoon, I'm choosing late evening puck drop 4 times out of 3

Reactions: Faelko

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Took the dog for a walk last game and it led to me coming back to a 4-1 Oilers lead at the 2nd intermission.

Planning on doing the same again tonight. A 3-1 series lead with a chance to close it out on home ice sounds nice.

Reactions: ZJuice

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
We start our games at 730. How big of a problem do you have with that
It’s another hour and 20 min later than usual, Oiler fans In the ESTare looking at watching hockey until 1:30am on a Sunday night. Seems pretty obvious why people would have a problem with it. There’s zero reason for this game not to be at 6:00pm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Just speaking from my own selfish perspective.

It's a 750 puck drop for me which is absolutely fine.

And if the choices are a later evening puck drop versus morning/early afternoon, I'm choosing late evening puck drop 4 times out of 3
And that’s fine, it’s not even a huge deal (although still stupid) for me in the MST but it’s literally just a big FU to the Oiler fans by the NHL/SN so they can make a little more revenue.

Reactions: yukoner88

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
10:50 in the East. 11:50 in ATL, and thats if puck dropped happens as scheduled which it wont. Most likely, midnight in ATL, and 12:30AM tomorrow morning in Newfoundland. Pretty cool of the NHL scheduling to make this game harder for Canadians to watch than the Mongolian Falconry Finals on ESPN7.
The stupid thing is nobody (other than diehard Oiler fans) in the US cares about this series, the numbers they've been getting for this series have been brutal. SN is such a cuck that they can't even get a Canadian team in a featured time slot.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Yes, also true.

Wonder how much revenues would have increased with a commish that actually cared about the game and marketed its stars. I think a good chunk more than they have.

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
This is where a real contender steps up and puts the opponent in the 3-1 death grip. I liked that we did that against CGY, haven't seen that level of hunger from the Oilers since that series.

If you want to win the cup, you need at least one short series. Teams like 13-14 Kings are the outlier, and even they had a short series in the finals.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Game is Monday in Newfoundland
Gosh you’re right. That extra 30 minutes.

9pm in Halifax, 930pm in NFLD. Ha ha, the things you remember from your childhood. :)

This is where a real contender steps up and puts the opponent in the 3-1 death grip. I liked that we did that against CGY, haven't seen that level of hunger from the Oilers since that series.

If you want to win the cup, you need at least one short series. Teams like 13-14 Kings are the outlier, and even they had a short series in the finals.
You are 100% correct. Back to back games with feet on the throat, is what a contender does in this spot. And then finishes the
LA Golfers out on Tuesday at Rogers.

Reactions: North Cole

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
Gosh you’re right. That extra 30 minutes.

9pm in Halifax, 930pm in NFLD. Ha ha, the things you remember from your childhood. :)

You are 100% correct. Back to back games with feet on the throat, is what a contender does in this spot. And then finishes the
LA Golfers out on Tuesday at Rogers.
Yup would be after midnight for puck drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad