GDT: WCQF G3 | Winnipeg Jets @ Colorado Avalanche | 8pm MT | TNT/Max

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Unfortunate, I hope he's ok. I was thinking about a potential cut as the melee happened. It blows my mind these incidents don't happen more often.
Dillon starts it by skating hard to the Avs goal line and grabbing Kivi to scrum, then after Duhaime steps in, Dillon attempts a 2-leg takedown.

I hope he’ll be alright, but he’s got no one to blame for his injury but himself

DrChar

Jul 13, 2023
Terrified Jets fan dropping by in peace. Well played (again) and your team is playing such well-rounded hockey right now. Aside from the junk at the end of the game it’s refreshing watching hockey where there seems to be mutual respect and no intentional cheap shots. If you guys happen to win I hope you tear the hearts out of Vegas

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Dillon starts it by skating hard to the Avs goal line and grabbing Kivi to scrum, then after Duhaime steps in, Dillon attempts a 2-leg takedown.

I hope he’ll be alright, but he’s got no one to blame for his injury but himself
Agree. But it actually starts with the coach who put them on the ice. A real dumbass who thinks it's still 1975 and the Bruins are playing the Flyers.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
Reading some of the other team forums on here, you see a lot of admiration/envy for the speed and passing of the Avs compared to their own teams.

It's awesome for us that our favorite team isn't just winning in some horribly boring trapping style but instead wins with speed and movement and a high-octane relentless attack. The entertainment value of the Avs is sky high. We really are lucky.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
The thing is, Jets have plenty of money (their owner is probably the richest man in Canada). The problem is that they are not generating any.
Even if they're losing a bit of money, the franchise is worth a ton of money, and is appreciating quickly.

Utah just paid $1.2b for their franchise. Jets are worth at least that now.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I hate us all!!!!

Specially myself
With the way Georgiev was playing and how the D was, how could you blame anyone for thinking the Avs had little chance?

They certainly turned a switch. And the biggest (gratifying) surprise is the emergence of lines 2 - 4 while the top line has yet to really get in gear.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Is our season over yet?

Just wondering where everyone is who said we would be done in 4 or 5.

Worst fan base ever.
baby dent.jpg

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Reading some of the other team forums on here, you see a lot of admiration/envy for the speed and passing of the Avs compared to their own teams.

It's awesome for us that our favorite team isn't just winning in some horribly boring trapping style but instead wins with speed and movement and a high-octane relentless attack. The entertainment value of the Avs is sky high. We really are lucky.

And people want Bednar fired.

90% of that stuff comes from Bednar(And the coaching staff in general). Its exactly how he wants our guys playing. Speed is so f***ing hard to defend. Not just skating speed either, but extremely fast decisions, quick passes, a system that is designed for fast plays, ferocious forchecking, constant pressure and back pressure, etc. etc.

I dont think the Avs are a particularly fast team. In fact some guys on the team are downright slow. But they play extremely fast, and that's exactly how our coaching staff wants them to be playing. Never take the foot off the gas.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Now now, if you look at this thread before the 3rd period the narrative was that Georgiev was losing us this game.
There is still somehow the narrative that Luongo was the reason the Canucks lost the Final even though the team scored 8 goals in 7 games and he’s the only reason it even went 7. It’s the nature of the beast when goalies play poorly but the team does as well. He’s the easy fall guy rightly or wrongly

I didn’t like that goal from George and it should’ve been tied going into the 3rd but the Avs are also not built to win games 2-1 especially in this new scoring era

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
With the way Georgiev was playing and how the D was, how could you blame anyone for thinking the Avs had little chance?

They certainly turned a switch. And the biggest (gratifying) surprise is the emergence of lines 2 - 4 while the top line has yet to really get in gear.
I’m not blaming anyone. I’m one of the most if not the most pessimistic Avs fans here. I thought this series would be over in 3. Meaning Jets in 3

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

I've been following the Avs and the Rangers for the last few years now (Avs for longer), and it's not even close lol. I've also lurked a lot of other boards around here.

The Avs legit play the most entertaining hockey there is. I mean we lack the show aspect that New York now has with Rempe but...

Just so much fast skating and control. It hasn't been a secret for years now either, everyone knows how high octane we are.

We can obviously thank a lot of our players, but more importantly, it's Bednar. He really has this team playing the way they do, how most people (was RyJo the first one that didn't fit?) just fit seamlessly in...

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
A lot of Buffalo fans thought Mittelstadt would excel in the playoffs, looks like they were onto something.

Love the way he drags pucks on the walls and finds people with passes. His passing on the rush has been great too. The ability to stop up and find people when there’s no space has been impressive.

All of Mitts, Lehkonen, and Nichushkin have been great in this series.
Obviously Mitts play making is probably his standout ability. But the thing I’ve been most impressed with is his wall work. He almost always comes away with the puck in board battles.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I dont think the Avs are a particularly fast team. In fact some guys on the team are downright slow. But they play extremely fast, and that's exactly how our coaching staff wants them to be playing. Never take the foot off the gas.
Which is what I've been saying over at HFNYR for years now. The Rangers aren't that slow, they just play slow. NHL players by default are fast.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
One thing I like about this board is losses are almost never blamed on the refs. We bitch and moan about individual calls, but only on very rare occasions actually blame losses on the officiating.

I go look at other teams boards and I see losses blamed on the refs all the f***ing time.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
And people want Bednar fired.

90% of that stuff comes from Bednar(And the coaching staff in general). Its exactly how he wants our guys playing. Speed is so f***ing hard to defend. Not just skating speed either, but extremely fast decisions, quick passes, a system that is designed for fast plays, ferocious forchecking, constant pressure and back pressure, etc. etc.

Exactly. Guys don't all need top level footspeed. But need to figure out where to go quickly and where to move the puck to quickly.

Mittelstadt: not super fast but can think the game quickly and move the puck quickly.

Newhook: fast straight line but moves the puck at turtle pace.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Going from the Preds/Nucks game to this was like going from a people carrier race to F1. So much more energy and passion from everyone, even the Jets.

A lot of good stuff, but that 2nd period was awful from everyone. The other thing is I don't think I am the only one who notices that a one-timer from the blueline is like an auto goal against Georgiev? Avs are not a shot-blocking team, so I am not sure why Winnipeg have not taken advantage of that. He might honestly be worse than Varlamov (who was one of the worst I've seen) when it comes to those far distant point shots.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
One thing I like about this board is losses are almost never blamed on the refs. We bitch and moan about individual calls, but only on very rare occasions actually blame losses on the officiating.

I go look at other teams boards and I see losses blamed on the refs all the f***ing time.
Yeah, I remember saying this before. Some other fan bases hate refs and opponents, we hate us. :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Rantanen didn’tt deserve two points. He really needs to get going.
You think so? I thought he played fine for the most part, some stupid plays here and there, but didn't really kill the offence as he did in the first two games. Plus, that sauce to Makar before MacKinnon's goal was pure elegance, he at least deserved that point.

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad