• Jets in 6

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Why phrase it this way? Avs are first team to score 5 goals or more in the first 5 games of an opening round series.
1) Because it’s sportsnet and they’re going to focus on a Canadian team
2) Because other teams have scored 5+ goals their first 5+ games before (not many like 4 of them IIRC), it just appears this is the first time that’s happened all against one team so they’re trying to avoid a bunch of dumb twitter people going at them when they read it wrong if they use the ‘first round series’ qualifier

Bensch88

Jan 15, 2012
Germany
I f***ing love this team. They found another Level and i'm sure they are going to find just another higher level in the next round. I dont care who they are going to face, bring them on. We have a team full of winners, playoff performers and superstars, a great attitude in the locker room and a good Coach. Maybe Drouin can help Mac find his game and hopefully Georgie can keep his play of late. Stars or Nites, i dont care, both should be afraid of the Avs. Both are really really good teams but the Avs can win against anybody. I mean they scored for fun on Helle, one of the best goalies out there. Cant wait to see what the next few weeks will bring.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
HellaAnnoyingNameToSpell might have secured an unbreakable record like some of Gretzky's.

Gonna take a pretty shitty opponent for someone to break that record and make it to Game 6.
Especially so given in order to beat this, a team would need to win one of those games, and not get swept. You'd expect letting in 5+ goals a game you'd be swept, but you actually need to win a barnburner to beat this record.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This moment was noticeable live too.

They showed the Jets assistant coach stepping over the bench to talk to the players on the ice, but none of them had made it back to the bench yet. Then they cut to the Avs bench, and the entire team was huddled around Jared.

Then they went to a split screen, and still nobody was standing on the ice listening to the Jets coach, he was just talking to one or two guys sitting on the bench barely paying attention. Winnipeg called the timeout too.

The Avs don't just beat you at hockey, They beat you mentally. Teams just don't know what to do to beat them, because when they play their game, it's near perfect hockey. Often leads to extreme frustration for the opposition.

They beat all their opponents mentally, before they beat them in the series during the Cup run, and they're 1 for 1 at it this year.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Georgiev stepped up to be a Lars Ulrich of a Metallica where every other member is a James Hetfield, willing their way to keep the train on it's tracks despite any miscues or odd beats/bars here and there. They're gonna force through the show triumphant no matter what.
Naw, he's more like Dave Mustang, he's freaking incredible when he's on, but trouble when he's not.

Let's hope Alex has a happier ending with the Avs than Dave and Metallica.

Reactions: RECKLESS

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Jets fan in peace:

One day post our series loss, I hope to get on your bandwagon officially (I have a soft spot for Kings tho)

But I love Makar, I love Bednar, I cheered you guys on and bandwagoned in 2022 so I can consider myself a repeat bandwagoner

And I like Murray and the Nuggets so there!

But main thing is your HFboards fan base has been classy and you guys dislike the oilers as much as Jets fans!

I have little faith in the kings to beat the oilers 3 more times but I have faith you guys will take out winner of Vegas/dallas with that explosive offence…and I expect the oilers to meet you in the wcf….i will be rooting hard for you guys.

In the meantime I will enjoy the bandwagon lol.

Also did I mention Makar is one of my fav players?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Jets fan in peace:

One day post our series loss, I hope to get on your bandwagon officially (I have a soft spot for Kings tho)

But I love Makar, I love Bednar, I cheered you guys on and bandwagoned in 2022 so I can consider myself a repeat bandwagoner

But main thing is your HFboards fan base has been classy and you guys dislike the oilers as much as Jets fans!

I have little faith in the kings to beat the oilers 3 more times but I have faith you guys will take out winner of Vegas/dallas with that explosive offence…and I expect the oilers to meet you in the wcf….i will be rooting hard for you guys.

Before the playoffs, we always talk about who would we want to see go far if the Avs are eliminated, i picked the Jets as one of the teams I wouldn’t mind going all the way if they beat us. Kings are another team since I live in LA, but don’t think they have a chance against the Oilers. Avs and Jets played a hard fought, clean series without and dirty cheap stuff whatsoever.

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Jets fan in peace:

You can stay if you give us Morrissey.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I had no issue really with the jets. The only thing you could be remotely offended by was their berating of George, but that backfired on them anyway so they got their comeuppance for that in the shape of Helly being worse.
Wasn’t fond of when they seemed to be booing injured Parise but otherwise they were fine

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Before the playoffs, we always talk about who would we want to see go far if the Avs are eliminated, i picked the Jets as one of the teams I wouldn’t mind going all the way if they beat us. Kings are another team since I live in LA, but don’t think they have a chance against the Oilers. Avs and Jets played a hard fought, clean series without and dirty cheap stuff whatsoever.
The interactions I had on the Jets board before and after game 1 were incredibly positive. I've never experienced that before. I would have bandwagonned Winnipeg if we had lost

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Yeah, but saying it that way makes it seem like the Jets defense was historically awful instead of the Avs' offense being extremely good. I think most viewers of the series would consider the second statement closer to the truth.

It’s a Canada thing. And this is about a Toronto bias engineering stigma for other Canadian teams in order to make the Leafs not look so bad when/if they disappoint.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
It's easy to say when we've just eviscerated them but Winnipeg (team and fans) are easily one of the least objectionable teams we've faced over the past few years. For a Canadian team their fans don't have the same level of entitlement and insecurity that some do. Their coach isn't an obnoxious gonk and none of their players were particularly annoying. Schiefele's a giant f***ing weirdo but he was very underwhelming.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
Just came up on some highlights of Georgie this series.

Goalies really are voodoo and I don't know how the hell he even survived after that game one, let alone turn the whole thing around. Earned respect. Now please keep this form up going forward!!

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
The ability to roll out Nichushkin and Lehkonen on separate lines, both in the top 6, was so crucial for us. They ensure we are kept to minimal time in our zone and no major defensive breakdowns.

Beyond the consistent goal scoring from both, they were so elite defensively in all three zones. Probably our best 5v5 and PK forwards in breaking up plays across all 5 games. Mitts was really good, too, but I felt these two were head and shoulders above everybody else. Nuke literally carried MacK-Rants at times.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
The ability to roll out Nichushkin and Lehkonen on separate lines, both in the top 6, was so crucial for us. They ensure we are kept to minimal time in our zone and no major defensive breakdowns.

Beyond the consistent goal scoring from both, they were so elite defensively in all three zones. Probably our best 5v5 and PK forwards in breaking up plays across all 5 games. Mitts was really good, too, but I felt these two were head and shoulders above everybody else. Nuke literally carried MacK-Rants at times.

Mittelstadt was every bit as good as Nichushkin imo.

We have to remember Mittelstadt gets all his production at even strength and the centre shoulders a greater defensive responsibility than the wingers.

Lehkkonen, Mitts, Nuke, and Makar were the Avs best players in the series. MacK and Rants came through at the end when they needed to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad