GDT: WCF | I | "The Fault In their Stars" | Oilers @ Stars | 5.23.24 | 6:30PM | SN/CBC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
How long until sportsnet goes full Dallas mode and treats the Oilers like the American team? They will start saying how Jamie Benn and Seguin are Canadian boys and are the heart of team.

Who's commentating? If its Simpson again, you can bet your ass he'll be slobbering all over the stars like he did in the nucks series. He actually makes me miss Mr 'Can opener' in DeBrusk.

zoo99

Nov 15, 2006
If the Refs call a fair game and we can earn some powerplay time, this series won’t be close. Also need Skinner to at least hover around 900

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm simply saying McDavid's hands and vision is WAY better than MacKinnon's, it's by far the best in the NHL right now by a landslide and there's a solid debate that it's up there with Mario.

The Stars can neutralize the speed, but I don't think they'll be able to neutralize the IQ.
I dont think that the margin between McDavid and McKinnon is as big as your suggesting.
Just a difference of opinion.

The thing that makes the Stars so good IMO is their depth.
The Oilers have to deal with 4 dangerous lines. Thats not easy. Stay even with the Stars at 5x5 and the Oilers should take this series IMO. Special teams are the key.
Of course that means Skinner is going to have to play consistent hockey.

Reactions: ujju2

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
How long until sportsnet goes full Dallas mode and treats the Oilers like the American team? They will start saying how Jamie Benn and Seguin are Canadian boys and are the heart of team.
They probably already have. I don’t use twitter a whole lot but I did post on Friedman’s account after the Oilers beat Van we didn’t want or need his fake propped up support with all the Canuck pompom waving he did all series.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I dont think that the margin between McDavid and McKinnon is as big as your suggesting.
Just a difference of opinion.

The thing that makes the Stars so good IMO is their depth.
The Oilers have to deal with 4 dangerous lines. Thats not easy. Stay even with the Stars at 5x5 and the Oilers should take this series IMO. Special teams are the key.
Of course that means Skinner is going to have to play consistent hockey.
Everything about the Stars are so vastly overblown.

They're not some defensive juggernaut. They're "pretty good". But they'll likely be easier to score against than Vancouver.

They aren't putting on a series of defensive clinics these playoffs, winning several 1-0 games.
No, they've blown MANY leads many times these playoffs.

Where the f*** is this narrative coming from that they're a vastly superior defensive team that put up a wall that the best 2 players in the NHL won't be able to solve?

And they don't have anyone remotely close to a JT Miller or Brock Boeser. There's absolutely no gamebreakers on that team. They score by Committee, which I think bodes well for us. Their offensive peak is like Kopitar-Byfield-Kempe.

Yeah they're pretty good, but Miller and Boeser were absolutely shredding us.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

They're not some defensive juggernaut. They're "pretty good". But they'll likely be easier to score against than Vancouver.

They aren't putting on a series of defensive clinics these playoffs, winning several 1-0 games.

Where the f*** is this narrative coming from that they're a vastly superior defensive team that put up a wall that the best 2 players in the NHL won't be able to solve?
They aren’t vastly superior but they just beat the 2 previous cup winners. No easy task.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
That's what we call a MIKE drop!

Get it?
Get it?

Clean hit.
Modano received a 90's suicide pass.
The hit wasn't even from the side, the type of glancing blow they suspend for these days.

Messier came from directly behind Modano and passed him. It was like Modano's own shadow clobbered him with a cast iron frying pan.

I'd shit my pants if McLeod ever made a hockey hit like that. He has the speed to do it.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Everyone making Oettinger as some unbeatable force, books have him as current favourite to win Conn Smythe , Drai going to turn that around quickly first few games. I’d be surprised if Oettinger plays as well as Silovs did. Also good for Dallas having a “deep” team, all take our top end talent over their so called deep lineup any day.
What books lol he's not even a top two goalie left in the playoffs for the conn Smythe.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Zubov2156

May 22, 2024
Hello Oilers nation! Dallas fan here born and raised in Dallas TX since 1974. I come in peace!

Hopefully the Stars get out to a better start in this series. They need too! Super excited about this series. It's nice to rekindle the flame from our heated 90's series (sorry for the rival reference...F-the calgary flames). If I had to choose a Canadian team to root for it would be the Oilers. Just not while my Stars are in it!
Good luck to the Oilers team and nation! I'm glad that there are no glaring differences between our line-ups.. meaning both teams are relatively healthy and at their best. I hope that its a great series. I want my team to be able to beat the opponent at their best!
O_T_T_E_R_S B_E_T_T_E_R ! (that's all the trash talk I got!) hahaha:cool:

Any how...My prediction for the series is 4-2 Stars win and we will face the FLA Panthers in the SCF.
Games on! (in 7hrs 7:30PM CST)

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I can't wait to watch a game where a section of idiots in Dallas are standing for live play or the glass banger idiot that doesnt understand when to do it.

Reactions: Porkleaker

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
If the Refs call a fair game and we can earn some powerplay time, this series won’t be close. Also need Skinner to at least hover around 900
I worry about Skinner. Someone posted (I’m too lazy to check) that Skinner has the same number of games over .900 save% in the playoffs as he has been pulled. Man that’s scary

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I can't wait to watch a game where a section of idiots in Dallas are standing for live play or the glass banger idiot that doesnt understand when to do it.

Can't wait to hear the boos the first time one of our d men wait behind the net with the puck for a change.

The single #1 indicator that fans have zero idea what they're watching.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
This is it! LFG!!
Not as nervous as the Vancouver series for some reason. Probably should be though, that's a deep team. Haha.
No dumb penalties, no bad goals and get our PP back on track.
Same. Because primarily the Nucks are easier to hate now than the Flames. Just despised that horseshoes team.

I like Dallas, have been fortunate to have watched them a lot and no shame whatever happens in series.

Gonna be key to get this W with Hintz out of lineup but a big task.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

And they don't have anyone remotely close to a JT Miller or Brock Boeser. There's absolutely no gamebreakers on that team. They score by Committee, which I think bodes well for us. Their offensive peak is like Kopitar-Byfield-Kempe.

Yeah they're pretty good, but Miller and Boeser were absolutely shredding us.
I never said that they were a perfect team with no vulnerabilities.
There is no doubt though that they will be by far the best team the Oilers have faced in these playoffs. What leads you to think that they will be easier to score on than Vancouver?
I see no evidence for that at all.

There is a reason why they beat Vegas and made short work of Colorado and thats not because they are mediocre in any respect.

I appreciate the optimism and I do think that the Oilers can win this series. The difference for me though is that this will be the toughest test by far for the Oilers.
They will be better when Rupe Hinz gets back in the lineup as well.
This isnt a perferable matchup IMO.

I guess I just have a little more respect for the quality of the Dallas roster and their coaching which will be a step above what the Oilers have faced so far in Tocchet and Hiller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad