WCF | GM1 | Edmonton Oilers at Dallas Stars | 7:30PM CT | TNT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oilers fans complaining about reffing would be hilarious if it weren't so disgustingly wrong
Even if it were true that the Oilers were so much more dirty than the Stars, isn't the expectation in any game that refs artificially even things up?

And btw just look at how weak some of the calls on the Oilers were. The McDavid one was of course legit but there were what 4 other pps. We didn't get a single hockey penalty called against the Stars tonight in 5 periods of hockey. Just the bench minor

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Skinner is a colossal headcase and I'll be interested to see if him shitting the bed against Vancouver was just Canucks-based mental block. I don't expect him to play like this every night, though--even if Oettinger was still the better goalie tonight imo.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Most people I've talked to are rooting for Tanev, not just against Edmonton. He's the last player in the league from the 2011 run and a fan favourite.

Rooting for a former fan favorite is a nobel choice, there's a couple "fans" in here that couldn't pick him out in a lineup though. There's a big difference in the two groups.

Reactions: PULSATING

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Well props to the Oilers for winning game 1. I still don’t think they will win the series but with Leon and McDavid you gotta expect them to get at least 1 or 2. If Skinner holds up
Who knows.
Well this is farther than the Oilers have been in decades so all good...
Not getting swept was task #1..
Win another game in Edmonton and it's a best of 3.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Absolutely massive W for the Oil. Better team the majority of the night despite getting absolutely no calls. Perfect PK. When the calls inevitably get evened up throughout the series, DAL could be in trouble. Fantastic game from Skinner.

Everyone wants the Oilers to W. How can you not?

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Even if it were true that the Oilers were so much more dirty than the Stars, isn't the expectation in any game that refs artificially even things up?

And btw just look at how weak some of the calls on the Oilers were. The McDavid one was of course legit but there were what 4 other pps. We didn't get a single hockey penalty called against the Stars tonight in 5 periods of hockey. Just the bench minor
If you look at the bigger picture, the Oilers got a helluva lot more softer calls go their way vs Van and LA it was bound to go the other direction eventually

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Am I the only one who felt the depth players were evenly matched and Dallas' depth didn't really shine?
Oilers depth is anemic offensively but what it lacks there it makes up for on the other side of the puck. The team is designed to have nothing happen anywhere on the ice when the bottom 6 is out and wait for the top 6 to blow the game open.

Assuming Skinner doesn't puke everywhere, it's a good enough plan to win games.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Skinner is a colossal headcase and I'll be interested to see if him shitting the bed against Vancouver was just Canucks-based mental block. I don't expect him to play like this every night, though--even if Oettinger was still the better goalie tonight imo.
I thought all goalies were head-cases.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Dallas fans just need to start chanting random stuff like Petey petey to make Skinner lose his focus.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Most people I've talked to are rooting for Tanev, not just against Edmonton. He's the last player in the league from the 2011 run and a fan favourite.
Tanev is probably one of the last guys you could say anything bad about. Just a pure class act

Reactions: rea

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Oilers depth is anemic offensively but what it lacks there it makes up for on the other side of the puck. The team is designed to have nothing happen anywhere on the ice when the bottom 6 is out and wait for the top 6 to blow the game open.

Assuming Skinner doesn't puke everywhere, it's a good enough plan to win games.
Plus the bottom 6 plays a huge role on the best PK going right now

Reactions: North Cole
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad