Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Lol there's always one or two fans in each market that have different opinions than most fans. We all know stars and their game 1 curse, so I think most reasonable oiler fans expects the series to really start tonight
My outlandish opinion according to @Skolman is that game 1 didn't really change my opinion of the series.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
So far two very close entertaining games. I thought we'd see a little more scoring, but the series being close isn't a real surprise when a single regulation win separated them in the standings.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Important win for the Stars. Now let's see if the best road team in the NHL can continue their success in Edmonton.

Home ice has not been kind to us in these playoffs for whatever reason.
Your ice looked terrible these last two games lol lot of pucks flubbing, people falling. Turn down the heat!!

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Oilers still got the split they needed in the first 2 games. Impressive how they've been better with the score close these playoffs than years best.

Despite this, the Stars still have to feel good being the best road team in the NHL in the regular season and being 5-1 in the playoffs. Winning all 3 in Denver was super impressive.

Reactions: Sports2

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
The top 4 is really strong this year no surprise if both series go 7.
I am not sure what people smoked before posting in this thread, but Edmonton is clear outsider here. It does not mean they can't win it all or at least go to the finals.

Even such a bottom dweller as Montreal was to the finals recently.

Oilers won the weakest division mostly because of the absence of regular Canucks goalie. There are teams that are already out but they still better than Edmonton.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
I am not sure what people smoked before posting in this thread, but Edmonton is clear outsider here. It does not mean they can't win it all or at least go to the finals.

Oilers won the weakest division mostly because of the absence of regular Canucks goalie. There are teams that are already out but they still better than Edmonton.
Goes to show how much a goalie can carry.

Price was a .924 and 2.28 in the playoffs that year. Despite a decent but not crazy roster.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK

Well aren't you a just student of the game. Bad teams win it all or go to the finals often do they?

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

There's very little to back this argument up other than someone being disgruntled or jealous. Edmonton had the best record in the entire NHL since they hired Knoblauch as coach. They played over a .700 winning percentage since that hire. They are absolutely full marks to be one of the final 4 teams.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton

Holy shit buddy
And you wonder what OTHERS are smoking?

good game by the stars tonight

Not really. I thought McD and Drai had one of their off games.

Oh...you meant Dallas .aybe?!

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

Oilers had a shit start to season. They changed coaches on November 12th.

Since November 12th - the best regular season teams were:

1. Oilers
2 & 3 tied. Jets and Stars
4 & 5 tied. Rangers and Panthers

The Oilers are obviously way more top heavy than the other 3 conference finalists, but I don't understand this narrative that they aren't a good team. They've been a great team with new coach.

Since November 12th, Oilers are:

#1 for points
#1 for points %
#1 wins
#2 for goals for
#3 6 for goals against
#3 for power play
#7 for PK
#1 for shots
#5 for shots against
#3 for faceoffs

They are #1 in leage in every important category, and among top in league for every other important metric.

If you want to argue Dallas is a better team or think they will win, fine. As you saw - all 4 conference finalists were among top teams all year, so they're all really good. But to suggest Edmonton is somehow a team that stands out as weaker than the rest is ludicrous. All 4 are great teams who can legitimately win the cup this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad