WC: May 5 GDT - Canada vs. United States

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Patrick - Flames Fan said:
Wasn't it in a residential area? If that is the case, NO peopel don't go that fast in places like that and in that case, its Heatly's fault.

yes and yes, congrats Canada Brodeur looks like he is back in tip top form ... its a shame we couldn't make this a closer game than we did ... ooohhh what a chance by Yan Stastny

canes-sth

Feb 21, 2005
uh some of us are stuck at work, in the states, behind a firewall, and are reading this thread because they are trying to keep up with the game. i could give a rip about how people feel about Heatley.

interesting to read the positive comments about Cole's game - nice to hear!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
modano pisses me off

team USA just needs more talent on their team that will produce...Canada's top line is definatly the difference against any team they play. With Nash and Thornton going...it'll ultimately be very tough to beat them, especially if Broduer plays well

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Nash and Thornton are the story of the tourney so far....We will win gold (again)

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
waffledave said:
Canada wins.

That's alright. We'll see you guys in the gold medal game.

Consider this fulfillment of the necessary arrogant American post. I didn't see one yet, so I figured I would add one.

Seriously, nice game to follow on the GDT (up until a few minutes ago with all that Heater crap). Both teams played well, although this really should have be the US's game with all of our PP chances--especially in the 1st.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
I don't think the Americans will medal this year. There are better teams out there than them...Canada is only one of them.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
I'm happy with outplaying them. Our PP was cold and Brodeur was hot, but it wasn't a crucial game.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Everest said:
I don't think the Americans will medal this year. There are better teams out there than them...Canada is only one of them.

you're acting awfully cocky, considering that most of the game, the US outplayed Canada.

Brodeur was the difference today. Get over yourself.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
MLH said:
I'm happy with outplaying them. Our PP was cold and Brodeur was hot, but it wasn't a crucial game.
WRONG! You didn't outplay us...5on5 Canada was comfortable and even dominant(Again)

Vic Rattlehead*

nomorekids said:
you're acting awfully cocky, considering that most of the game, the US outplayed Canada.

Brodeur was the difference today. Get over yourself.

Seems like Canada is a one line team, with Morrison being the only player outside of the first line producing.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
SectionX said:
The americans played better, but Canada won
The first period yes,but from the start of the 2nd period on....Canada was in control. Winning all the 5 on 5 battles and our powerplay continues to wreak havoc.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Canada has several players that are playing fantastic, and several that are playing very poorly.

Thornton, Nash, Brodeur and Redden are all playing fantastic hockey. There's nothing else to say.

The grind line looks great with Smyth, and Mike Fisher had his best game of the tournament today. That hit wasn't elbowing. It was a shoulder check on a guy that was at about elbow-height.

Obviously Heatley really needs to get going. Ed Jovanovski continues to be inept defensively. He's never been good defensively, but he seems rusty on top of that. I barely saw Regher or Phillips out there.

Doug Weight's playing like he did back in his days as an Oiler. On the other hand, Modano's struggling as has been pointed out numerous times.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
MLH said:

I also thought the US team played pretty well,except for the lousy pp :(

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Canadas forward lines are gaining momentum. Heatley is about to really break through,same with Marleau. We also have the best checking line in the tourney...Draper/Maltby and Smyth were very sweet.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
CREW99AW said:
I also thought the US team played pretty well,except for the lousy pp :(
Canada took way too many penalties, 3 in a row in the first period which helped the US gain momentum. Once it was over Canada showed that they we're a better team. US played great nonetheless. I still think that Kariya has a place on this Team Canada...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad