WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Just noticed they've adderad Jesper Frödén to the Czech Hockey Games roster. I guess he is filler since Burakovsky and Raymond miss the first game. Can't imagine Frödén winning a roster spot with the wingers we already have + potentially more
tbh i rather have Fröden than Olofsson

game today 19.30 vs swiss in switzerland on viaplay. currently we are leading EHT.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
tbh i rather have Fröden than Olofsson

game today 19.30 vs swiss in switzerland on viaplay. currently we are leading EHT.
I’d rather just have an open roster spot for as long as possible.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
i remember when Båg went with 9 forwards and 5 d in the first games and emvall who was one of the 9 did not even touch the puck once. think it was against Italy. Good old times.
I remember when mårts refused a 50-point bengan a spot because he had used up to many spots on bad euro players. Or rather he asked him to wait.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If we dont get anything more;

Burakovsky - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Zetterlund - M.Johansson - Holtz
Sörensen - Lundeström - Fröden
Nygård - L.Johansson - Friberg
Olofsson, Lekki

Hedman - EK65
Brodin - Dahlin
M.Pettersson - Heed
Fanta - Nemeth

Gustavsson
Ersson
Wallstedt

Fröden is a nice add in this case

Heed was the D in NLA with most ice time, Not just among swedes but in the entire league

Reactions: Slimmy

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
A wild fan that came into this thread when JEE told VF he would play said Brodin had basically been playing the best hockey of his career for most of this season.
Brodin was fantastic this year, the defense is still elite, but he’s been making lots of progress on his offensive plays the past couple years, still unlikely to wow you, but he is extremely efficient about getting it to the right spots and a lot more willing to carry it if he needs to than previous years. It would be a mistake to not play him significantly against top competition IMO, his ability to nullify speed and rush plays is nearly unparalleled in the NHL.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Brodin was fantastic this year, the defense is still elite, but he’s been making lots of progress on his offensive plays the past couple years, still unlikely to wow you, but he is extremely efficient about getting it to the right spots and a lot more willing to carry it if he needs to than previous years. It would be a mistake to not play him significantly against top competition IMO, his ability to nullify speed and rush plays is nearly unparalleled in the NHL.
I would probably do
Brodin - Karlsson
Hedman - Dahlin
(Doesn’t matter in which order)
And then just play each pairing 25 min/game. Even if I would be tempted to pair Hedman and Karlsson.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I would probably do
Brodin - Karlsson
Hedman - Dahlin
And then just play each pairing 25 min/game. Even if I would be tempted to pair Hedman and Karlsson.
I think whichever way they slot our D's, Hedman and Karlsson will see icetime together. On the top PP unit if nothing else. Brodin playing heavy minutes and on the PK will mean they will have to slot them in different pairings from time to time. I'm not too worried. It's a very nice problem to have.

Reactions: EK47

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Sörensen has been hot garbage.

Seems like he's good until he faces better teams in which case he just can't.

He faces many of these players on a daily basis. Doesn’t seem like he’s able to convert on international level. Not everyone does. That’s unfortunate, but then again they should not be here.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Wallstedt looking very good, anyone else think he gets his stick on that breakaway rebound if it had been on net instead of post? Looked to me like he would have had it.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I would probably do
Brodin - Karlsson
Hedman - Dahlin

Brodin-Karlsson is something Ive always wanted to see on the NT. Hoping for it.

Reactions: EK47

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes