WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Players from this team I want on the upcoming 4-Nations:

G Filip Gutavsson (3rd goalie)

D Victor Hedman
D Erik Karlsson
D Rasmus Dahlin
D Jonas Brodin

F Adrian Kempe
F Lucas Raymond
F Joel Eriksson Ek

Mojo/Holmberg/Burkie/Zetterlund are options for bottom-6.
We cant even beat czechs with this players and yet u want them on the team. Makes no sense.

Dahlin is incredible. So intelligent. The problem for Sweden is these two last games is turning quantity into quality. Lots and lots of chances. But if they are half-chances.. It won't win games.

Hallam will figure this out, he is clever.
He has not figure it out for 2 years. He needs to get fired.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I've heard many times (and on these forums specifically) how great of a coach Hallam is. I am sorry, I don't see it. He is supposed to be strategic mastermind but again he has no answer for a lesser team. Moreover, Sweden again collapses under pressure. I don't see any plan that works against the team that is ready to die to win. We are soft and weak, we are psychological losing important games. We are paper tigers like no one else in modern hockey.

It's so funny to read previous posts about how limited Gronborg was. But you know, with all his strategic shortcomings, his teams had fight in them. Heck, he wanted to have a fistfight with opposing coaches on several occasions. Can you imagine Little Sam doing it? He looked lost and had no answer. Does he inspire confidence? What is his plan? Has he ever shown this? Low-danger shots from defense, what else?

I am not confident in upcoming Olympics. I think it's his last chance. It's not a matter of "give him time, his system will work". I'm missing the times of Gronborg and BAG. I'm missing the times of Sundin and Forsberg who could literally take the team and carry it on their back. We need true leaders. Sadly we lack in this department. I thought Hedman had this, but I think he's on not on the level of even Jorgen Jonsson or Thomas Rundqvist who were better leaders and had bigger balls. We need to stop chocking and learn how to handle blows.
Where was the fighting spirit in 2019?

Ville Nieminen said on Finnish viaplay studio how "Dahlin is a losing player" and "Swedish superstar isn't coachable", "Sweden is soft and weak, they don't play with a system, they are doing their own thing on the ice". This was after 2nd period.
He is right. He is that type of guy i want as our headcoach.

Reactions: FinPanda

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
4 Nations
Ullmark
Markström
Wallstedt

Ekholm - Dahlin
Brodin - Karlsson
Forsling - Andersson
Larsson

Nylander - Pettersson - Kempe(He needs people to think for him)
Forsberg - Zibanejad - Nyquist
Bratt - Carlsson - Raymond
Karlsson - JEE - Lindholm
Zetterlund, Johansson

No more watching Hedman watching the game unfold instead of making the game unfold.

Kempe gets a role that suits him much better. Raymond gets Bratt who should be able to drive a line and Carlsson who is a very competent puck-distributor.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
4 Nations
Ullmark
Markström
Wallstedt

Ekholm - Dahlin
Brodin - Karlsson
Forsling - Andersson
Larsson

Zetterlund, Johansson

No more watching Hedman watching the game unfold instead of making the game unfold.
Ersson instead of Wallstedt.

Reactions: NuTarViDom

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
4 Nations
Ullmark
Markström
Wallstedt

Ekholm - Dahlin
Brodin - Karlsson
Forsling - Andersson
Larsson

Zetterlund, Johansson

Kempe gets a role that suits him much better. Raymond gets Bratt who should be able to drive a line and Carlsson who is a very competent puck-distributor.
We'll see if Nyquist can replicate this season. Felt like a bit of an outlier season too me. Otherwise I pretty much agree. I'd probably play Larsson instead of having him as 7th D, but minor details. A case could be made for Hampus Lindholm to make the team too

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
We'll see if Nyquist can replicate this season. Felt like a bit of an outlier season too me. Otherwise I pretty much agree. I'd probably play Larsson instead of having him as 7th D, but minor details. A case could be made for Hampus Lindholm to make the team too
Oh shit I completely forgot about Lindholm. Agree on Nyquist. I put him on Forsbergs line for a reason. He found success this season because he was the best complimentary piece Forsberg has had.

Last edited:
Reactions: weklof

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Hallam needs to get fired. 2 years with failure. We need something new. A foreign coach.
Hallam is a choice I wouldn’t have expected the SIF to make as he wasn’t one of the boys like Grönborg, Mårts or Montén. For that reason, I think Hallams adjustment period to national team coaching may be longer. He needs to fire whoever is in charge of the powerplay and hire Jörgen Jönsson for that role.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Sweden is new Russia when it comes to hockey. Star power, but no system.

Bronze is better than nothing of course

Reactions: Eye of Ra

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I hope we never gets to hear Holmgren as a play by play dude ever again.
He's horribad.
He’s literally the worst. I hate hearing him scream on every goal, I hate hearing him mistake Raymond for Unger sörum, I hate hearing him satt ”Tanev åker ut för den där tacklingen” just because he’s lining up for the face off next to the penalty box, I hate when Norström has to explain to him why a shot attempt can’t be a highsticking penalty.

• Love
Reactions: Sweetnut

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
To think the most prominent play-by-play guys in Sweden is Holmgren and Härenstam horribad. I like Lasse Granqvist, but he seems to be working for TV4 now, so no WC for him.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Holmgren thinks he works at radio.
"VAAA ÄÄÄÄ PÖCKEN!?!?!?! VAAA ÄÄÄÄ PÖCKEN?!?!?!?!"
"SKOTT KOMMEÄÄ!!! SKOTT KOMMEÄÄÄ"

"DEEE ÄÄÄÄ MÅÅÅÅL!! DEEE ÄÄÄ MÅÅÅÅL!" Yes, we noticed. Shut the f*** up, please

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Sweden is new Russia when it comes to hockey. Star power, but no system.

Bronze is better than nothing of course
Isn’t that a bit unfair? I am asking as a Czech fan who loved yesterday’s result of course, but the team won 9 out of 10 games at this tournament and played against an inspired team yesterday that is carried by immense home support. One subpar game cannot be an indication of system failure? (Although ironically the Czech coach got criticised a lot by Czech fans for leaving various available Czech NHL players and top Europe-based players out for lesser players, and he said they fit his system better, but still it was one game.) That said, I get the issues Swedish fans may have about results 2019-2023, but this year surely the Swedish team was excellent except one time?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Isn’t that a bit unfair? I am asking as a Czech fan who loved yesterday’s result of course, but the team won 9 out of 10 games at this tournament and played against an inspired team yesterday that is carried by immense home support. One subpar game cannot be an indication of system failure? (Although ironically the Czech coach got criticised a lot by Czech fans for leaving various available Czech NHL players and top Europe-based players out for lesser players, and he said they fit his system better, but still it was one game.) That said, I get the issues Swedish fans may have about results 2019-2023, but this year surely the Swedish team was excellent except one time?
There were several other issues. Mainly the fact that all swedish centers are primarily defensive minded. So the puck distribution was lacking. Raymond and Kempe are top class complimentary pieces but neither of them are used to driving a line. And ofcourse Czechia were exceptionally good at exposing the weaknesses with the offensive defensemen.

Reactions: Old Man Jags

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Yup he and Lasse Granqvist are the gold standard in Sweden. Perlskog is also good.
My favourite memory of him is not any of his calls, unless it was him who did the Zibanejad's WJC golden goal call. Thats one of my all time favourites. My favourite memory of him is how polite he is and how is a pure class as a person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad