WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Yeah, his game floundered pretty badly this year. His shot remains excellent but his continued inability to do just about anything else has been a drag on his play for a while. I can see him getting a one-year show-me contract in the NHL next season or even winding up back in Europe because he has not shown that he will put in the effort to do anything but get to soft areas to try to get his shot off. He doesn't defend, never battles for pucks, and rarely goes into traffic for second chance opportunities.
Tnx! Not the typical grinder you might say 😂 So he needs to play in one of the two top lines then, along with a good two-way center leaving him place and time for his shot. I guess it could be

BURAKOVSKY - ERIKSSON - OLOFSSON
Zetterlund - Eklund - Rakell
Johansson - Carlsson - Holtz
Everberg - De la Rose - Friberg

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Tnx! Not the typical grinder you might say 😂 So he needs to play in one of the two top lines then, along with a good two-way center leaving him place and time for his shot. I guess it could be

Burakovsky-Eriksson Ek-Olofsson ?

Yeah, he's top 6 or nothing IMO. Granted, if he's playing to try to get seen so he can get a new contract, maybe there is a little more battle in him but his best abilities are in how he gets his shot off and the velocity of it. To be smallish, slowish, and have no battle is hard to make work.

krutais23

May 1, 2023

BURAKOVSKY - ERIKSSON - OLOFSSON
Zetterlund - Eklund - Rakell
Johansson - Carlsson - Holtz
Everberg - De la Rose - Friberg
Sorensen was added to the roster, but De la Rose was not, don't you think he won't be on the roster?

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Fy Satan what an awful amount of steps and stairs training the Tre Kronor not so famous players from NHL will have to go thru to get in best shape. Burra, Olofsson, Silfverberg etc.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I wonder how many games before Olofsson ends up in Hallams dog house. He benched Berggren in the quaters last year because his defensive deficiancies, but he is miles more responsible than Olofsson

Reactions: Eye of Ra

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I don't even know who would be "Captain Sweden" now. Feels like it was Sundin -> Lidström -> Zetterberg -> Landeskog. But after Landys injury, I don't know who would be first choice. Hedman?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
:huh::huh::huh: wtf

Boumedienne to be assistant coach.
So we have 3 assistent coaches and all 3 of them are defence coaches. Why not add a forward coach? Rönnberg or Jönsson would be ideal.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Yeah, his game floundered pretty badly this year. His shot remains excellent but his continued inability to do just about anything else has been a drag on his play for a while. I can see him getting a one-year show-me contract in the NHL next season or even winding up back in Europe because he has not shown that he will put in the effort to do anything but get to soft areas to try to get his shot off. He doesn't defend, never battles for pucks, and rarely goes into traffic for second chance opportunities.
Just using him in PP could be a good idea.

Erik Karlsson confirmed now.

:partytime:

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Now we need some defensive Ds to cover for Dahlin and Karlsson 😅
yes, they are not exactly good in their own zone, especially not mr Karlsson. We need a good goalie too.

I don't even know who would be "Captain Sweden" now. Feels like it was Sundin -> Lidström -> Zetterberg -> Landeskog. But after Landys injury, I don't know who would be first choice. Hedman?
Filip Forsberg

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Burakovsky is a decent top-6 winger.
Screenshot_7.png

He is more than decent, in shape he is a very good top 6 player in a WC. Look at his numbers before this season.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Last time they all played Karlsson got the A over Landeskog, OEL, Hedman, etc.

Karlsson with the C, Dahlin and Eriksson Ek with A's sounds correct.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Last time they all played Karlsson got the A over Landeskog, OEL, Hedman, etc.

Karlsson with the C, Dahlin and Eriksson Ek with A's sounds correct.
Yeah, that would be my guess too. I don't see any other player who have yet to accept that can surpass them. Rakell, I don't think so.

If Tampa Bay gets knocked out and Hedman becomes available he gets a letter for sure, maybe the C.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad