Wayne Simmonds joins Flyers front office

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
5VM35mgXJ-9RNLwP43mA09Eo17YSg5J-JOBdoKuP8SE.jpg

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I feel the exact opposite as a Kings fan. Blake and Luc ruined everything so far. I am against this practice now.
They have to earn their way to becoming a GM or POHO. But for every Blake and Luc we have a Yzerman or Sakic. There are plenty of former player GMs that have gone on to do well.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
They have to earn their way to becoming a GM or POHO. But for every Blake and Luc we have a Yzerman or Sakic. There are plenty of former player GMs that have gone on to do well.
Sometimes I feel like the “earning” aspect for a former player, especially a previous star doesn’t require much leg work. I’m cool with brand growth and all that since the star power matters, but anything that has to do with team success is a big no from me now.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sometimes I feel like the “earning” aspect for a former player, especially a previous star doesn’t require much leg work. I’m cool with brand growth and all that since the star power matters, but anything that has to do with team success is a big no from me now.
I imagine its the same as any high power job - sometimes it's not what you know but who you know. If you get there like Blake did you just need to make sure you surround yourself with talent that compliments you and covers for your weakness.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Good for him. I like seeing former players find roles and purposes with former teams.
It just makes NHL players greed more despicable in my book. They always try to get as much money as they possibly can when they will 100% have a full-time hockey job ready and waiting the day they retire if they want it. NHL players will never be unemployed one day in their life if they don't want to.

• Haha
Reactions: Rafafouille

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Or a Grier. Or MSL (coach obviously).

Then again, I've been on the disaster end with Bergevin. Wilson was great until he wasn't.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Or a Grier. Or MSL (coach obviously).

Then again, I've been on the disaster end with Bergevin. Wilson was great until he wasn't.

MSL doesn't really fit in with the rest. He coached minor hockey and then jumped into the Habs job.

Grier is somewhat of a stretch too. He really only had one season as a full time hockey ops guy. I guess coaching experience helped too but in terms of "management" one could argue he didn't "earn" his way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad