OT: Watcha Listenin' To? Part VIIII: Nine lives, cat's eyes

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
1000003860.jpg

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
In one of the unlikeliest band reunions in music history, Soul Coughing, the original complete lineup, has gotten back together and started touring some bigger clubs across America. If you have the chance to see these fine gentleman attempt to suckle the music business money teet again you will not be disappointed.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
this band and Live(then known as Public Affection) were in the Lancaster music scene early 90’s. I would have picked Burning Bus. Actually I was at the Northstar In Lancaster Pa watching this band playing when Joe Carter hit THAT Homerun in 1993.

Last edited:

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019
she looks way too happy lol
She does. But, all those midnight special shows were performed live so she’s playing a bass line on one keyboard, a melody on the the other hand on the grand, singing lead and emoting the sentiment of the lyric. And nailing it.

It’s like a variation of limb independence of drummers

Reactions: trostol

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
New/Final Japandroids album came out yesterday. Celebration Rock was like an anthem/soundtrack to my 20's, i still listen to that to this today. I was in the top 1% of listeners on spotify a couple years running.

So bummed they decided to call it quits, was really looking forward to another show. I did see them twice, once at Union Transfer and then another time at Boot & Saddle. Amazing live shows, core memories. Met the drummer after the boot & saddle show, he just came out the front door and had a conversation with us, super nice guy.

Sounds like the leader singer moved to New Orleans, wife is expecting first kid, he got sober and doesn't have a desire to do live shows or continue the band anymore. Drummer is running booking for a music venue in Canada.

I listened to the new album "Fate & Alcohol" after dropping my Dad off at the airport yesterday. Had already heard a few of the songs since they dropped them early on streaming, but the ones that weren't released as singles are some of the best ones. "Upon Sober Reflection" I didn't like listening to at first, but when i listened through the album the second/third time, it became one of my favorites. Along with "Alice" which they used to play live.

Sucks they called it quits but hard to keep a band of two together in different countries and when one is sober and doesnt want to put himself in that environment.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
Any of the XPN listeners think of their lists for the countdown this year?

I'm working on it. I struggle so much when things get more modern because oftentimes my favorite available version of a song isn't on the album.

Have you finished yet?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm working on it. I struggle so much when things get more modern because oftentimes my favorite available version of a song isn't on the album.

Have you finished yet?
Of course not, I’ve been doing some listening to decide what I want and hopefully be able to vote the right songs. Like, I don’t know if I can get a chvrches song on this list. Would have to be all the same song that gets voted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad