Was Krejci's glove-down legal?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Is this a legal play?

You're allowed to glove the puck down, but to me, Krejci violates the rules by catching it, bringing his glove down with it, then throwing it past the defenceman. Should this be legal or a penalty?

EDIT: Here is the relevant rule, by the way:

DYNmxsDX0AAdTsS.jpg:large

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That's clearly a penalty if you ask me since he directed the puck to the right. Tomas Tatar was penalized for this exact play against the Bolts a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure no one disagreed with the call.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Should be a penalty but is rare to see called, probably 95% of the time it goes completely ignored.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Should be a penalty but is rare to see called, probably 95% of the time it goes completely ignored.
I feel like I've seen this called once this year. It's probably the kind of play they let go unless it's going to have a big impact on the game. In this case, it absolutely did as it created a 2-on-1. If this is indeed illegal, I'm surprised they didn't flag it down on this play.

Reactions: DaveG

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Seems like a penalty, and it certainly goes against the spirit of the rule, which seems to be gloving it to give yourself an advantage, or to deny an opportunity to make a play for the opposition.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yep. That's definitely a penalty. Remi Elie of Dallas got a minor for doing this earlier this year

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
how the hell does a professional ref miss something like this? unbealieveable...
i feel they've gotten very lax on this rule lately. guys catch it overhand, turn over and lightly toss it forward underhand to themselves which is already too much imo

should only be allowed to direct it straight down

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
LMAO, it's pretty clear for those with the use of vision that it comes off his knee.

If DK46 planned the swat down off the knee forward ... HoF now.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Meh, missed calls every game. Canes had a 4-1 lead with 10 minutes left and choked it away with piss poor play. The potential missed penalty is kind of "who cares".

Reactions: Tryamw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad