Was Filip Chytil’s Overturned Goal a Good Goal?

Was this a good goal?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
It should be telling that every other fanbase other than the Rangers, including fanbases who generally hate the Pens, think it's goalie interference.

When everyone else thinks you're wrong and you're the only one who thinks you're right, maybe it's you?
Did you not literally see the post a couple above yours showing the Pens commentators saying they think it was a goal :laugh:

I’m fine with it not being one. Just seems funny you posted that as if it’s only Rangers fans and there’s absolutely no case to be made that it’s a good goal

Reactions: RapidKnight

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
No goal, because even though he did get contact towards the goalie, on his trajectory he was going to make contact anyway

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Where? I have seen goalies tackled and run into the corner and called a good goal.
Post automatically merged:

Where the hell was Kakko supposed to go????????????????? His exit out of the crease was cut off by Dumbo. For the NHL to have been consistent they would have let the goal stand.

You know it's a bullshit call when even one Habs fan agrees on a ranger goalie interference call in the PO's.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Its a 50/50 call. But it was the cherry on top after the penalties were 4-1 and the Penguins were given a 5 on 3 on an extremely soft call. Has a team ever gone 98 minutes without taking a penalty in NHL history? Serious question....

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Not going to rend my garments about it but that looks like the defender really did most of the work there

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Overwhelming reaction across fanbases is irrelevant. This board hates the Rangers and will jump onto anything against them.

Hell, I'd argue you are more of a biased opinion than even Pens fans. Yes I truly believe you want the Pens to win even more than Pens fans themselves. Your entire existence is predicated on hating the Rangers more than liking your own team.
Don’t hate Rangers at all and it’s not a goal.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
How about you explain the obvious then? None of you that claim it's not a goal want to explain the presence of the forward being pushed into the goalie.
Don’t think the push was material enough from what I can see. He was likely going to make contact the way he positioned himself and his right skate. My take.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
0 attempt to avoid contact with the goalie, incidental contact from the d-man does not give you an excuse to run the goalie over. He was driving straight through the crease no matter what happened and took the goalie out of the play.

Clear no goal.
But you are just guessing at that. At best it’s a judgment call that he didn’t attempt to avoid contact and would’ve went into him anyway.

Even if that’s your take, it was called a goal on the ice. The leap in judgement is on your end. What is clear is that the forward was pushed and they called a goal.

I can see how someone could claim it would’ve been goaltender interference without the push. I cannot see how there’s anywhere near the evidence needed to overturn the call on the ice.

Don’t think the push was material enough from what I can see. He was likely going to make contact the way he positioned himself and his right skate. My take.
Fair enough. I understand that take. I just don’t see how there’s evidence to overturn the call on the ice. I think there’s a lot better argument for your take if we were talking about the initial call as opposed to overturning the initial call.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Getting pushed in doesn't give the attacking player the right to run over the goalie. The rules clearly say the attacking player must show a reasonable amount of effort that they at least made an attempt to avoid the goalie.

Dumoulin was closing in on Kakko. Instead of slowing down and cutting earlier than he planned, he kept going, was pushed and made no attempt to avoid contact.

Let's go through the check list

Was pushed in ✅

Acknowledged that he may be pushed into goalie
--------Slowed down ❌
--------Cut across before the crease ❌

After being pushed...
--------Tried to jump out of the way ❌
--------Give up on puck and use arms or such to minimize impact ❌

Getting pushed while driving to the net is a given. It's always stupid for players like Dumoulin to shove players towards their goalie, but Kakko showed no sign that he cared he could be pushed or that he cared he might hit the goalie. Dumoulin also ended up slamming into his goalie, but Kakko still managing to make a play on the puck is what tipped it over as him making no attempts to avoid contact is what enabled him to do it. Any goal likely would have counted if Kakko didn't touch the puck and pass it

Reactions: CamPopplestone

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007

The overwhelming reaction on this board was that this was a good goal as well. So pardon me if I hold the opinion of HFboards in the lowest regard.

This goal is forever burned into my brain. Shouldnt have been a goal, that was obvious goaltender interference. But, it is what it is.

Crow

May 19, 2014
You absolutely hate Shesterkin. You are now turning into a liar because you were caught, and it sounds bad.

I'll just give one example that I saw within the last few days.

I normally don't remember the posters on this website because there are too many to remember, but some you remember because they constantly crusade against your team and your teams players. You have been openly hostile against the Rangers and their goalie for years now. You've been trying to troll Rangers fans since our alleged loss last night.

You are openly rooting against the Rangers success in the playoffs because you hate their goalie, and have made that clear for the last few years. I am pretty sure you feel he threatens Price's legacy. Last goalie to win the Hart was Price. Wasn't there a big discussion a year or two ago which goalie was better? You were incredulous that people could claim it wasn't Price, and now you are caught. Price sucks, and Shestyorkin is the best there is. You even made a poll thread for your own satisfaction a few weeks ago that you knew would just be an attempt for people to shit on Shestyorkin.

Don't try to insult the collective intelligence of everyone here by claiming otherwise. If I had more time, I'd document all of this, but I think the post from a few days ago that I cited says a lot.
Alleged loss lmao

Reactions: bobholly39

Crow

May 19, 2014
We should be upfront about this guy's interests.

He's a Habs fans that crusades against the Rangers because he hates Igor Shesterkin.

He has been claiming for years that Shesterkin isn't actually that good. Instead of accepting that he got that one wrong, he doubles down on his terrible series of takes.
Doesn’t matter in this case. Just was goalie interference clearly and not a goal.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Just to echo what many others have said here:

I absolutely HATE the Penguins and want them to get swept, but that is not a good goal.

Oh wait a second….actually I am a Penguins fan, since I was 5 years old in the late 80’s.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I hate both of these teams equally, obviously GI.

This poll backfired hilariously on Rangers fans. :laugh:

Some of them moved the goal posts and are now complaining about the disparity in calls. Refs better make sure power play opportunities are always even and that every questionable goal is a ruled “good” for their team. Jeeez…

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I think this poll really needed the third option "Could have gone either way without it being possible (for reasonable people) to really complain".

Which is how I feel about it as a Pens fan, who was super relieved, and not a little surprised, that it was overturned.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
You absolutely hate Shesterkin. You are now turning into a liar because you were caught, and it sounds bad.

I'll just give one example that I saw within the last few days.

I normally don't remember the posters on this website because there are too many to remember, but some you remember because they constantly crusade against your team and your teams players. You have been openly hostile against the Rangers and their goalie for years now. You've been trying to troll Rangers fans since our alleged loss last night.

You are openly rooting against the Rangers success in the playoffs because you hate their goalie, and have made that clear for the last few years. I am pretty sure you feel he threatens Price's legacy. Last goalie to win the Hart was Price. Wasn't there a big discussion a year or two ago which goalie was better? You were incredulous that people could claim it wasn't Price, and now you are caught. Price sucks, and Shestyorkin is the best there is. You even made a poll thread for your own satisfaction a few weeks ago that you knew would just be an attempt for people to shit on Shestyorkin.

Don't try to insult the collective intelligence of everyone here by claiming otherwise. If I had more time, I'd document all of this, but I think the post from a few days ago that I cited says a lot.

Your posts are hilarious.

1. I'm a huge Crosby fan. I've been predicting he's going to win the Conn Smythe with 40 points these playoffs.

2. I don't hate Shesterkin - I rather like him. If I did hate him - I'd have absolutely no issue saying I hate him.

3. Price is better. Nothing to prove lol

4. Keep posting please. You're one of the most hilariously entertaining posters around.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Overwhelming reaction across fanbases is irrelevant. This board hates the Rangers and will jump onto anything against them.

Hell, I'd argue you are more of a biased opinion than even Pens fans. Yes I truly believe you want the Pens to win even more than Pens fans themselves. Your entire existence is predicated on hating the Rangers more than liking your own team.
Our team finished 5th to last. The only other thing we have is hoping the Rangers lose. At least those of us who grew up in North Jersey. I am not afraid to admit that. We’re supposed to be rivals.

I started watching hockey in the late 80’s. Devils/RNgers have been rivals ever since. The only reason it seems like they aren’t right now is because the Devils still suck. If you don’t consider the Devils a rival it’s just because you were born too late to remember 90’s hockey.

It’s not like Rangers fans aren’t shitting on the Devils for being so bad for the past 10 years. And they should be. I’m happy to take it. Because we’re rivals.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
It was the correct call for sure. Should have been a penalty as well. I don’t get how it can be waived off for a goal yet not a penalty at the same time?
So they knew and concluded he interfered with the goalie but it’s ok ?
Odd. But at least they got the goal review call correct .
Kakko has made this same move nefore but was called a good goal so I bet why there is some controversy with this call . Surprise surprise , referee calls inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad