Walking away from Timothy Liljegren is a mistake

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I agree but they’ve destroyed this kid’s confidence. Sad to see.
Who wants players so fragile they can’t handle ghe business side of hockey? They already sat Benoit games to boost his ego, milk toast soft us not needed going forward……

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Who wants players so fragile they can’t handle ghe business side of hockey? They already sat Benoit games to boost his ego, milk toast soft us not needed going forward……
This has nothing to do with the business side and everything with the ineptitude of Keefe and Dubas’ development of him.

Reactions: BraveCanadian

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
$1.5 for a quality bottom pairing RHD at minimum is an easy yes.

I wouldn’t go so far as to call him “quality” but I would qualify.

Although with Brannstrom and Boqvist also hitting free agency via not being qualified maybe this is the market reality for a range of not established defensemen 6-7 years past their draft.

Reactions: arso40 and rumman

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
the funny thing is the only reason people see liljegren so high is because leafs d was so weak than average d was looking good because nobody was good in the D. Benoit alongside the rest on the team was looking like a topb4 D, in the rest of NHL he's nothing more than a depht player 6/7th dman.

Put liljegren in majority of NHL team and you got a player who fighting to keep a spot

Reactions: rumman

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Team needs every young player to continuously improve, barring injury. And play the game the coach expects. If you're not willing or able to do that, then GTFO.

Reactions: rumman

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I agree but they’ve destroyed this kid’s confidence. Sad to see.

They jerked both him and Sandin around so much.. I’m sure it curbed their development.

That being said, Vegas caused a shift from the smaller mobile defence to bigger bruisers again because the NHL is a copycat league.. and that hurts the Liljegren and Sandin types if they aren’t paired correctly.

Reactions: arso40

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I’m not sure if this has been posted yet but the following is an excellent summary of the Liljegren decision……………

So if we do walk away it’s really because nobody wants him, given what he’s asking. Quite an indictment of the player actually, if we walk away, it’s because he has no value. Recall all the “fake news” cries we heard when it was rumoured the Kings didn’t want him in a trade. It’s a fascinating journey this guy, I don’t care where he goes, but for nothing seems an odd ending.

Come on Dubie pick up the phone!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
They jerked both him and Sandin around so much.. I’m sure it curbed their development.

That being said, Vegas caused a shift from the smaller mobile defence to bigger bruisers again because the NHL is a copycat league.. and that hurts the Liljegren and Sandin types if they aren’t paired correctly.

What about Florida then with Forsling and Montour? Heck even OEL isn’t a bruiser

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

What do you mean jerked around? Didn’t force feed them unearned top pairing minutes?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I feel like they should qualify the player and walk away if the arbitration is too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad