GDT: WAKE UP, THE SEASON’S STARTED! Oilers v Black Hawks, 8 PM HNIC

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Skinner could have had the GWG, but Kulak shouldnt have backed in so much. Ill think about that play forever.
Foegele lost his man. I think Kulak was worried about the pass for an easy tap in. You could tell Skinner was playing the pass also and left a gap on his glove side. Pretty much a 3 man clusterf$&k that doesn’t happen if Foegele put more effort into skating back.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Coaching staff is obsessed with size on D. I guess he can’t defend because he’s under 6ft.
Maybe they are saving him as the secret weapon against Calgary

Or maybe they prefer to let pairings play out rather than switching things up too quickly

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Nurse sucks and his contract prevents us from putting him with anyone better.
He could accept coaching and work on his game if he wanted. Or he can zombie around the ice and flop in front of the net occasionally until retirement.
This team has nearly $7m in dead cap space due to mismanagement from the previous regime. Could have signed a mighty good D-man for $7m. We also spent $10m on middle six forwards on July 1 with Skinner, Arvidsson and Henrique.

Nurses contract isn’t the reason this team thought it was a good idea to run AHL/NHL waiver fodder on its second pair.

That’s squarely on past and current management.

Maybe they are saving him as the secret weapon against Calgary

Or maybe they prefer to let pairings play out rather than switching things up too quickly
Except they already switched it up by moving Dermott onto the 2nd pair and Emberson down?

Reactions: Mr Positive

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Except they already switched it up by moving Dermott onto the 2nd pair and Emberson down?
To me the particulars of who plays where is not as important as who is there. I'd guess that in the flow of line changes we already saw Dermott have time with Nurse

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
8 pm starts zzzzzzzz
I feel pretty strongly that if they want the eastern time zone teams games to lead into the western ones, they should just start the eastern games at 6. 7pm and 7:30 should be the latest times for us out west. Don't let games go till 11, especially on work nights. I highly doubt that a 6pm start time is such a sacrifice to Eastern teams. It just seems like the eastern teams dictate a little too much and it actually costs the league

Tonight is not such a big deal to me

Edit: also a little earlier time might mean stars out west get more exposure out east. Again, it benefits the league

Reactions: KlefDown

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I feel pretty strongly that if they want the eastern time zone teams games to lead into the western ones, they should just start the eastern games at 6. 7pm and 7:30 should be the latest times. Don't let games go till 11, especially on work nights. I highly doubt that a 6pm start time is such a sacrifice to Eastern teams. It just seems like the eastern teams dictate a little too much and it actually costs the league

it would just make so much more sense, especially in the playoffs....so it probably won't happen

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
This team has nearly $7m in dead cap space due to mismanagement from the previous regime. Could have signed a mighty good D-man for $7m. We also spent $10m on middle six forwards on July 1 with Skinner, Arvidsson and Henrique.

Nurses contract isn’t the reason this team thought it was a good idea to run AHL/NHL waiver fodder on its second pair.

That’s squarely on past and current management.

It’s death by a 1000 cuts. At his best Nurse is around 2 million overpaid but when you add in all the dead cap from buyouts and bonuses then that hurts even more. It’s Oilers luck to buyout Campbell then he goes into the player assistance program a few months after.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Watching other games and seeing goalies making difficult saves on chances against. What a novel concept. Maybe Pickard can do something Skinner couldn't last game.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
1728783686990.gif

Reactions: yukoner88

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I feel pretty strongly that if they want the eastern time zone teams games to lead into the western ones, they should just start the eastern games at 6. 7pm and 7:30 should be the latest times for us out west. Don't let games go till 11, especially on work nights. I highly doubt that a 6pm start time is such a sacrifice to Eastern teams. It just seems like the eastern teams dictate a little too much and it actually costs the league

Edit: also a little earlier time might mean stars out west get more exposure out east. Again, it benefits the league
This time set up has been that way since 1970 or so when the Canucks joined the league. Games started at the night’s local time, say 7pm. When CBC went to broadcast double headers (1990s?) it was Toronto v whoever and western Canada v whoever. Caters to bother the TV and in arena crowd. San Jose can take their 2pm starts on Saturday and stick it. I like it this way.

Reactions: yukoner88

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
We like to pile on Skinner but holy the Avs fanbase must be livid with Georgiev

But I have to point out that at least the Avs weren't as dumb as the Oilers by giving huge term to their gamble in net like we did with Campbell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad