GDT: WAKE UP, THE SEASON’S STARTED! Oilers v Black Hawks, 8 PM HNIC

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Hippie newspaper!
Oat Willie for President!

1728752903778.png

Really its amazing how spot on the lampooning was even 50-60yrs ago.

Oh well, this game will end well right?

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Watched the Hawks vs Jets game yesterday. Hawks were the better team and should have won that game. They likely come in pissed tonight after the way it finished. Oilers better come out prepared as this one won't be easy at all.

That said, I'm excited for a late game on a long weekend!

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Stetcher injured?
Seems strange to dress Dermott on his off-wing in front of him.
Nope. Stetcher and Nurse played well - both to the eye test and analytically - when paired together (small sample size). Stetcher has had good defensive metrics the last 3 years in a top 4 role. Stetcher had a better preseason. Stetcher is right-handed. The only reason Emberson and Dermott are in ahead of him is because the coach has familiarity. They definitely aren’t better. I’d argue Stetcher is actually MUCH better than either of those two

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
They know they can't score anywhere else.

Get in Pickard. Skinner usually plays better after sitting for a few games. But goaltending is a major issue. If they had a better goalie, maybe they win an extra game against Florida.
Skinner could have had the GWG, but Kulak shouldnt have backed in so much. Ill think about that play forever.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
A #7 D-man playing on his off side in our top 4.

Now we’re cooking with gas.

It’ll definitely be Nurses fault if that pairing sucks.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Chicago had alot of additions in the off-season (Bertuzzi, Maroon, Teravainen, Mikheyev, Brodie). They no longer look like an AHL team. This is gonna be tougher than people think.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
A #7 D-man playing on his off side in our top 4.

Now we’re cooking with gas.

It’ll definitely be Nurses fault if that pairing sucks.
Nurse sucks and his contract prevents us from putting him with anyone better.
He could accept coaching and work on his game if he wanted. Or he can zombie around the ice and flop in front of the net occasionally until retirement.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I hope the team sees that last year's disaster start could happen again.

Part of our resurgence last year was recovering from injury but another part was sorting out roster questions. I don't see an injury issue now unless Nurse has something lingering (or just hasn't shaken the rust yet) but we definitely need to sort out the lines and D pairs.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Chicago had alot of additions in the off-season (Bertuzzi, Maroon, Teravainen, Mikheyev, Brodie). They no longer look like an AHL team. This is gonna be tougher than people think.
This is very true but imo they lack a strong core. Those pieces are complementary pieces.

Ultimately I do believe we are among the best squads in the league on paper. If our team plays it's A game then Chicago has no chance. If we play dysfunctional like last game where it was preseason game 9, then Chicago will score a lot on us. We might still win if that happens if we get a lot of PPs. Ideally we sort out the even strength play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad