W James Reeder - Dubuque Fighting Saints, USHL (2024 Draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
34 points in 61 games this past season. Committed to Denver for the 24-25 season.

My scouting report for his USHL season.

I think this guy is pretty good. Probably a mid-round pick next year. Good stick skills, can pass, shoot, and knows where to be in the offensive zone to get scoring chances. He’s also very competitive defensively, and can make a lot of good defensive plays. Has very good hockey sense. The drawback is that he’s only about 5’10 and he’s an average skater for 5’10. His offensive abilities might not be good enough for 5’10 with average skating to play in the NHL, but there’s enough there that I see him tentatively as a mid-round pick in 2024. That is subject to change as we get closer to the 2024 draft.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My review of what I've watched from him this season. Has 19+28=47 points in 38 games.
I think he’s one of the more underrated draft-eligible players in the USHL. He’s well over 1PPG this season, had a very good WJAC19, and has pretty decent skills that should see him have a lot of success over the coming years. He’s 5’10 with average speed for 5’10, but the rest of his game looks the part. Has very good hockey sense. That’s the best part of his game. He has good, albeit probably not great scoring skills, and he has good compete for a player who isn’t the biggest or fastest. He works very well as a complimentary player on a line with drivers because he’s a smart player. I think he should probably be a middle round pick, like round 4 or 5. Might end up being a little later, but I would be very surprised if he wasn’t drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad