W/C Oliver Korbas - HK 32 Liptovsky Mikulas U18, Slovakia U18 (2024 Draft)

CybershadeEDM

Sep 21, 2022

Slovakian forward that is having a great start to the season. Lit up the U16 league last year with 23 goals & 64 points in just 18 games.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Sorry, but i think this is a little bit off. Korbas doesn't even belong in the top 10, maybe not even top 20 Slovak players born in 2006. And that's a really weak birthyear for Slovakia, where we can talk about 2-3 players towards the draft, and that's Theo Kiss (2024), late-born Tomas Pobezal (2025) and maybe Tobias Pitka (2024). All the others are highly unlikely, though not unrealistic, there are a few sleepers who can jump, but it is not expected.

Korbas had 4 points in the first game of the season, he played in a line with Adam Nemec (late 07) who is a real talent despite some red flags and the next 7 games Korbas had 7 points which is not a big deal because it's not U18 league anymore (EP hasn't registered it yet), it's a new U17 league and the 2005 players play there only as an exception, because they don't have the talent and skill to play among the men, in the U18 project, or in the junior league. Players of birthyear 2006 play in their category, but the best players are already in the U18 project, or in the junior league, or they have gone abroad. Players who are interesting and have potential for the draft are players of 2007 birthyear and younger in this league.

I don't want to underestimate Korbas' numbers, he didn't have a bad last season, although it was far from special. Last season he also played often with Adam Nemec, although not all games, it can be found on the web of the Slovak ice hockey federation. In that U16 league, where he had such great numbers last season, there were also players of birthyear 2008, who had more than a point per game, and even a player of birthyear 2009. Slovak youth leagues are very weak, only players who are underagers are interesting, which is not the case with Korbas.

I would like to be wrong and I would like Korbas to prove me wrong, but this is more a profile of a player who will play in the Slovak extraliga, maybe the Czech extraliga, in his prime years, something like Matus Sukel.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad