AHL: W-B/S Penguins Thread: Now featuring Emil Larmi, Kasper Bjorkqvist and many more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I think a lot more patience is warranted.

As far as CDS goes... and I'm not making excuses... but dude has to be at least a little demoralized and probably even a little angry, ATM.
angry at what? He is a borderline NHL/AHL goalie, keep working untl you get your chance, If you don't let pucks behind you, I'll guarantee you, someone will notice...

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
angry at what? He is a borderline NHL/AHL goalie, keep working untl you get your chance, If you don't let pucks behind you, I'll guarantee you, someone will notice...

I'm not like... encouraging it. I'm just saying that as a fellow human I would understand that getting a 3 year deal worth millions only to be sent packing because of cap reasons would probably irritate me a little bit, too. Ultimately it's likely only a contributing factor if it's a factor at all. More likely CDS is just yet another middling goaltender.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Well this will make you feel better.

Imagine what he could do with the cap space that he just freed up.

At the moment, it allows JR to activate all the players currently on LTIR, and not anything else.

Though I suppose it does mean he can actually take a similar contract back to one he ships out now...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
At the moment, it allows JR to activate all the players currently on LTIR, and not anything else.

Though I suppose it does mean he can actually take a similar contract back to one he ships out now...

There's probably about 3.5m or so to play with when everyone's back. We weren't far over prior to Rusts injury.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
There's probably about 3.5m or so to play with when everyone's back. We weren't far over prior to Rusts injury.

And the players we are getting back are basically half of the offense so...yeah it should help.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
SA with another PP marker tonight. After 3 last night. WBS killing them off at 70%. Yikes.

And I missed the fact that WBS signed Sebastian Caron??? Did Larmi get hurt last night? Caron's like 40.

Edit - make it two more PP for SA. It would help out DeSmith and the PK if they didn't take 4 penalties in a period.

Last edited:

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA

Ah, I see my mistake now - I forgot to account for them being able to send down A. Johnson and Blandisi. They can get themselves to $2.275M sending them down. Around 3.1M is they also send down Lafferty.

Of course, the current situation proves they should really keep some cap space available in case of short-term injuries.

Reactions: Peat

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
What’s the outlook on Larmi? The A for life or does he have NHL potential?

Can't help you. I only know for sure that he either has real potential for Hags-Swag, or that he has a ridiculous pre-comb-overed hairpiece.

web1_Larmi_Emil.jpg

web1_Larmi_Emil.jpg

Either way I think you gotta give him a genuine shot on general principle.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
next off season i hope to see less of him lifting heavy things and more of him doing 45 minute vinyasa flows

Reactions: Andy99

Bruru71

Jun 25, 2014
Bjorkqvist out 6 months after knee surgery. Pretty much ending his season.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Oh man, was planning on watching this WBS game vs. Phantoms, but not going to be possible with this cameraman, haha. Picture is great, near HD quality. But the movement of the apparently one camera, is nauseating. He is moving the camera back and forth at break neck speed. It's just unwatchable.

EDIT: ok, maybe the producers have calmed him down, as picture seems to have settled a bit.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
How very Penguins. Bad for POJ’s weight and Bjorkvist has two major injury recoveries close together.

eta: other injury info update.

Have the game on now, but mainly listening more than watching.

Just heard, "Adam Johnson left the ice after taking a skate blade to the face." The announcer said it so causally too. So hoping he knows something we don't and it's not serious.

EDIT: Adamn Johnson is fine. Back on the ice.

Lafferty scores! 1-0 WBS. Puts away rebound.

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Have the game on now, but mainly listening more than watching.

Just heard, "Adam Johnson left the ice after taking a skate blade to the face." The announcer said it so causally too. So hoping he knows something we don't and it's not serious.

Saw it on Twitter. Sighed. He’s back.

Larmi and DiPauli sound concerning. Unknown illness...

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Noesen is on fire.

10th goal. This one on a breakaway. Dude can finish. (at least at this level, and this role.) He has sick hands. Goal scorer's hands. Can lift the puck tight in, and at various angles and speeds. Most of his goals are up high. He's knows where to put it.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad