Vosters replaced by Flames broadcaster Rick Ball

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
Never had a problem with him when I watched Flames games so sounds good to me.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Great news. Hope Vosters has a good career doing another team/sport. Seemed like a nice enough guy.

I wonder if this was the plan all along by the Hawks. Replace a legend with someone underwhelming and then replace him. Its hard to be the guy after the legend.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Eh....

Wish they could find a good broadcaster that also was a Chicago area native, you'd think there'd be a few potentials out of the 10 million or so people living in the metro area.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
Lol. Like wtf was sportsnet doing? I don't blame Rick for leaving when inferior announcers are being given national broadcast gigs throughout the season and during playoffs. He's one of the best in the biz.

JPeeper

R.I.P. Johnny and Matthew Gaudreau
Jan 4, 2015
DAMMIT

You guys get Bedard and now STEAL Rick Ball from us. :'( You guys got one of the best guys in the business. Took me a few months to warm to him when he initially came to the Flames, but after all these years its apparent he is a top 3-5 guy in the league.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Eh....

Wish they could find a good broadcaster that also was a Chicago area native, you'd think there'd be a few potentials out of the 10 million or so people living in the metro area.
only want one with the thickest Chicagoan accent you could ever dream of. Toss this guy on there.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I was unfamiliar with Rick Ball so I youtubed him…oddly enough the video I watched only had goals scored AGAINST the Flamea, kinda like anted to hear his call on ‘his’ team scoring…check it out…

Attachments

• B5984440-DDC2-4DDB-8EF5-5EC9EF45586C.png
    B5984440-DDC2-4DDB-8EF5-5EC9EF45586C.png
    447.5 KB · Views: 3

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Eh....

As a Canadian Hawk fan, im happy they got a Canadian broadcaster. I find the American ones reference baseball or football terminology far too often. This will be a breathe of fresh air imo.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
They were a season and a half into his tenure and Vosters didn't know the rules. He was badddddd.
Yeah he was so incompetent that it almost reeked of a nepotism hire. I'm not sure how he got the job in the first place with his lack of credentials and knowledge of the sport.

I will not miss him having an orgasm every time Bedard touched the puck.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
How many good hockey broadcasters do you think there are?

When watching the most random streams or listening to lower level stuff....there's plenty of unknowns I'd take over Vosters. My final answer is 4.

As a Canadian Hawk fan, im happy they got a Canadian broadcaster. I find the American ones reference baseball or football terminology far too often. This will be a breathe of fresh air imo.

I don't mind one of them being Canadian...

But given it's such a massive market it's nice to have at least one local too.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Eh....

I'm pretty sure if the players on the team don't need to be from Chicago to do their jobs well, neither do the broadcasters.

I'd take a Swedish play-by-play guy if he was good.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Reactions: ray c

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Vosters was totally useless as a hockey play by play man. The news of Rick Ball so great to hear, literally and figuratively. Vosters had creepy vibe and so obvious Pang thought Vosters was way over his head. Recall a time when Pang said a nuanced hockey line which went right over Vosters' head.

Last edited:

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Whoever thought hiring Vosters in the wake of forcing Foley out should be fired too. What a stupid decision. Yes, let's hire the guy with absolutely no hockey knowledge to fill the shoes of a legend we've very clearly forced into retirement. That will go over well.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad