The Athletic Vogl - Who Stays, Who Goes

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
When was Okposos incident? Was he able to prepare 100% this last offseason?
I think if that was not the case, then there could be hope for a bounce-back year, as unlikely as it seems now.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I think if that was not the case, then there could be hope for a bounce-back year, as unlikely as it seems now.
He was able to prepare 100% two offseasons ago, which is why I wasn't expecting improvement this year. IIRC, he had at least 3 full months of regular, full-bore offseason.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
He's done and will only get worse not better.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Not a problem. You're probably much better off not reading that crap. Stimson is about the only guy these days whose Sabres related content is really on point and that I enjoy reading.
I am glad you need a subscription for the athletic so I never had to read it

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
After watching the first few playoff games I’m rethinking some of my stays and goes. Particularly from a physicality perspective. We are a bunch of cream puffs. Hayes as a 2C and Ferland are the targets for me. Miles Wood would be a trade target. Hornqvist maybe? We also need a shut down top 4LHD to replace Scandella and take the heavy shut down minutes. Dahlin with more OZ.

Stay:
Eichel
Skinner
Reinhart
Mittelstadt
Olofsson
Nylander
Thompson
Okposo
Dahlin
Montour
Risto
McCabe
Bogosian
Nelson
Pilut
Borgen

Goes:
Sheary
Wilson
Girgs
Larry
Pomer
Sobotka
Scandella
So who PKs after you get rid of 3 of the 4 PK forwards

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Kyle turns 31 in 2 days. He was always going to drop off about now. When we signed that contract, we were paying for the first couple of years. To expect a bounce back (and a bounce back to what, exactly? He’s had one 2 goals season since 2013) at this point is pretty naive. I’m just hoping he doesn’t get much worse at this point.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Kyle turns 31 in 2 days. He was always going to drop off about now. When we signed that contract, we were paying for the first couple of years. To expect a bounce back (and a bounce back to what, exactly? He’s had one 2 goals season since 2013) at this point is pretty naive. I’m just hoping he doesn’t get much worse at this point.
Dustin Brown bounced back so it’s possible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad