Rumor: Vladimir Tkachev fielding several NHL offers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Only because NYR invited him to their training camp but he couldn't get his permits sorted in time so he never came.

He has dropped off a fair bit over the last couple of seasons. He was on a bad team but didnt really stand out.

But is it really “only” because of that, I seem to recall a rumor from Europe that he was about to sign with us but he couldn’t get out of his contract or something like that.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
But is it really “only” because of that, I seem to recall a rumor from Europe that he was about to sign with us but he couldn’t get out of his contract or something like that.

This guy has pretty bad luck with NHL contracts.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Ah yes, the mistake that was Tkachev! Clueless GM of the day Craig MacTavish and his equally as clueless clones didn’t know the rules when they tried to sign him. Not sure why anyone would be interested in Tkachev? His numbers dropped significantly this season and they weren’t great to begin with !

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Ah yes, the mistake that was Tkachev! Clueless GM of the day Craig MacTavish and his equally as clueless clones didn’t know the rules when they tried to sign him. Not sure why anyone would be interested in Tkachev? His numbers dropped significantly this season and they weren’t great to begin with !
Craziest thing to me is you were willing to sign him to a contract, but couldn’t as the rules implied he was still draft eligible that following year, yet then they wouldn’t even waste a 7th on him? Weird

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
What's the expectation of this guy at the NHL level today? He had his production doubled on the same team by guys like Linus Omark and Teemu Hartikainen.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Craziest thing to me is you were willing to sign him to a contract, but couldn’t as the rules implied he was still draft eligible that following year, yet then they wouldn’t even waste a 7th on him? Weird

Ya that was weird but I think it was a change in management wasn’t it? And Tkachev wasn’t on the radar anymore? As it turned out , Tkachev was not only passed over by the new Oilers GM but passed over by every other team, and the next draft as well? Don’t know what MacT and his clowns saw in this guy but nobody else saw it ! o_O

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Different management staff by then.

June 2014 - Tkachev goes undrafted
September 2014 - Edmonton tries to sign Tkachev with Craig MacTavish as GM
April 2015 - Peter Chiarelli hired as GM
June 2015 - Tkachev goes undrafted after playing all of 2014-15 in the QMJHL while putting up okay numbers

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Different management staff by then.

June 2014 - Tkachev goes undrafted
September 2014 - Edmonton tries to sign Tkachev with Craig MacTavish as GM
April 2015 - Peter Chiarelli hired as GM
June 2015 - Tkachev goes undrafted after playing all of 2014-15 in the QMJHL while putting up okay numbers

But same scouting staff correct? I would assume the signing of a prospect that past year would have included Bob Green no? The same person who makes the picks that late in the rounds

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
But same scouting staff correct? I would assume the signing of a prospect that past year would have included Bob Green no? The same person who makes the picks that late in the rounds

From what I recall yes, since they were the ones who convinced Chiarelli to trade for Griffin Reinhart.

But it's not unusual for a team to change its mind with an additional season to scout; Heck we've seen teams hand out ELCs and have immediate buyer's remorse. The Flyers tried to sign Tomas Hyka in 2011 under similar cirumstances, but the NHL rejected the contract and Hyka went back into the 2012 draft pool. Hyka would end up in the 6th round with the Flyers passing on him five times.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
He was really good in training camp.

Idk if they really scouted him before . He was an invite played good for three games then they attempted to sign him to an elc

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah, dude is part of our best offensive line, but we'll see if the chemistry picks up with Andersson out...Tkachev-Vilardi-Andersson was looking unstoppable. We'll see how Kaliyev replacing Andersson works out but Tkachev is getting more and more comfortable every game...

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Yeah, dude is part of our best offensive line, but we'll see if the chemistry picks up with Andersson out...Tkachev-Vilardi-Andersson was looking unstoppable. We'll see how Kaliyev replacing Andersson works out but Tkachev is getting more and more comfortable every game...

Tkachev-Vilardi-Kaliyev should of united and tried as a PP unit, but we got a clueless couch that keeps feeding the old vets ice time even in pre-season.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Trying to temper my expectations given that it was only preseason, but Tkachev has looked real good. I’d say he, Vilardi, and Byfield were the most impressive players on the team.

Reactions: kilowatt

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Trying to temper my expectations given that it was only preseason, but Tkachev has looked real good. I’d say he, Vilardi, and Byfield were the most impressive players on the team.

Without a doubt. Tkachev is getting time on the top power play unit as well. Although, if we're being honest, he's the only good player on our top unit. I'd be much more excited if our top unit had Andersson, Kaliyev, Vilardi, Tkachev, and Walker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad