Player Discussion Vitali Kravtsov - Signed 2-Year Deal with Traktor Chelyabinsk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
would rather they sign Maxim Sorkin and see if he could be a nice btm 6 C than bring back the floater

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Is he really that soft? Was this his biggest issue?
Never dictated anything, in any situation. Wouldn't win board battles, wouldn't drive to the net with the puck when he'd collected it, deferred to other players, and didn't have the vision to make any of that work. It was even more obvious live where you could follow his shifts. He just looked to pass whenever there wasn't open space in front of him. He'd get the puck a few times in a relatively static position then get rid of it, over and over again.

Reactions: bobbyb2009 and MS

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
honestly if he makes it then great, if he doesn't then whatever. I would love for him to make it though, would never say no to another top6 forward, so yeah, i'll be rooting for him.
Sometimes guys just need to mature as people and players. But the expectations can be so out of whack at times for 18 year old hockey players.. Kravtsov was drafted 9th overall by the Rangers in 2018, because of his size (6'2" and 190) and his scoring ability. But his career on Broadway was mostly a faceplant.

So New York dumped him on the Canucks for Will Lockwood and a 7th round draft pick....basically a flush job. So if he does mature and realize some of that talent, the Canucks might still have something. But no real loss if it doesn't work out.

Sort of the same kind of career trajectory at Podkolzin. A top-10 pick in 2019, basically dumped by the Canucks for a fourth round draft pick. But just seems to be the way it is with Russian players--it's either 'boom' or 'bust'.

Reactions: arttk

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Sometimes guys just need to mature as people and players. But the expectations can be so out of whack at times for 18 year old hockey players.. Kravtsov was drafted 9th overall by the Rangers in 2018, because of his size (6'2" and 190) and his scoring ability. But his career on Broadway was mostly a faceplant.

So New York dumped him on the Canucks for Will Lockwood and a 7th round draft pick....basically a flush job. So if he does mature and realize some of that talent, the Canucks might still have something. But no real loss if it doesn't work out.

Sort of the same kind of career trajectory at Podkolzin. A top-10 pick in 2019, basically dumped by the Canucks for a fourth round draft pick. But just seems to be the way it is with Russian players--it's either 'boom' or 'bust'.
I usually like your posts. But I disagree with this one.

1 - I think we gave. up a year too early on Pods, but he was likely going back to abby and therefore would have to clear waivers.

2- Kravtsov is a totally different animal. Pods was highly rated, but never scored at any level. whereas kravtsov had constantly produced decently .. he actually did well enough that NY fans can't understand why he wasn't given more of a chance.

3- the bloody ugly system we have on ELC mean that players must take about a 90% pay cut if they are sent to the AHL. Whereas they can go to the KHL for some totally unknown salary that is hard to find out. Who can blame them. But Kravtsov seems to be playing decently and we will see at the end of the season where he is at.

I think the end result will be that he may really have a chance here next year. But there is going to be a log jam of players trying for spots after we win the cup later this year. well next year actually but you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad